Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prosecutorial Misconduct, or Do They Just Not Give A Shit?
Prosecutorial Misconduct, or Do They Just Not Give A Shit?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2997956

Quote:Black N.J. teen killed in vicious hit-and-run — and white driver with long criminal record gets probation

Quote:Over and over again, the American justice system teaches us that it has very little value for black lives. We yell "black lives matter" by the millions because everything about the arc of this nation tells us they don't. Of all the ugliness and brutality against black bodies that I've waded through and dissected over the past few years, it'd be hard to say any of them were a bigger kick in the gut than what I'm about to tell you. Now, a family that has already had their loved one snatched from them is suffering yet another unthinkable indignity.
RE: Prosecutorial Misconduct, or Do They Just Not Give A Shit?
Jesus Christ, her license had been suspended 39 times? What the flying fuck?

Quote:The outcome has caused outrage, even for Hyland's own mother — who wrote a letter this month to protest the weak sentence.

You know it's bad when even the criminal's mom is like, "this is bullshit."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 14, 2017 at 6:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2997956

Quote:Black N.J. teen killed in vicious hit-and-run — and white driver with long criminal record gets probation

Quote:Over and over again, the American justice system teaches us that it has very little value for black lives. We yell "black lives matter" by the millions because everything about the arc of this nation tells us they don't. Of all the ugliness and brutality against black bodies that I've waded through and dissected over the past few years, it'd be hard to say any of them were a bigger kick in the gut than what I'm about to tell you. Now, a family that has already had their loved one snatched from them is suffering yet another unthinkable indignity.

Very Sad..... I would have no leniency for her.

Although I wouldn't have made it a racial issue, I don't see drug addiction as any excuse or reason for special treatment.
Quote: Although I wouldn't have made it a racial issue

Which is exactly why they are out there screaming "Black Lives Matter."
(March 14, 2017 at 6:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: Although I wouldn't have made it a racial issue

Which is exactly why they are out there screaming "Black Lives Matter."

Because I don't see race in every issue???
(March 14, 2017 at 6:58 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(March 14, 2017 at 6:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Which is exactly why they are out there screaming "Black Lives Matter."

Race isn't a factor in every issue.

It seems, however, that this case is another in a long line where individuals get off lightly because of the race of the victim.

If the driver had been black, I would still be demanding a harsh sentence.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 14, 2017 at 6:58 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(March 14, 2017 at 6:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Which is exactly why they are out there screaming "Black Lives Matter."

So you think negligence resulting in the death of a human merits only probation?

There was a case here in my town about 5 years or so ago where some girl ran a red light and took out TWO people, and got only a year's probation. No criminal charges were filed. Talk about outrage. No drugs involved, young driver PROBABLY texting, but it was not proved. I don't know what came from any civil trial, if there was one...which should have been the case. This shit goes on everywhere. The victims were white in this case, BTW.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 14, 2017 at 9:35 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(March 14, 2017 at 6:58 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Because I don't see race in every issue???

So you think negligence resulting in the death of a human merits only probation?

No.... still hold to what I said in my first post of this thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why NATO doesn't give to Ukraine plan of membership? Interaktive 39 1461 April 24, 2022 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8222 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 1840 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 890 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Let's give the orange turd a nobel prize. ignoramus 15 1183 September 25, 2019 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Frankly my Graham, I don't give a damn! Brian37 3 550 April 25, 2019 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2089 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  It's Not Just Florida Minimalist 0 267 November 18, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Americans supporting sexual misconduct survivors even less than before? Rev. Rye 6 946 October 28, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 929 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer