Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient civilizations
Ancient civilizations

Doubting human knowledge of the history of their own, is not a bad idea.
The refusal of current told story for what we were and how we became the way we are, is not at all strange.

There are many ancient ruins and structures that simply cannot be explained using the current variables we have today.

How did humans move large stones?
Did humans fly with more sophisticated machines?
Stories are told about Atlantis, so were we apes or had advanced civilizations once before?

Civilizations that commit the same mistakes we did, and let ego rule the day. 

I believe in ancient civilizations before the ancient Egyptians, ancient Norse, ancient Greeks.
RE: Ancient civilizations
Rofl

So because of a hundred year old myth, a million year old process must be false.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

This shit again?
Even if you don't trust the currently accepted history of anything, it's still not rational to then plug in your own random story to fill the gap.
(March 25, 2017 at 3:15 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: I believe in ancient civilizations before the ancient Egyptians, ancient Norse, ancient Greeks.

That is nice.
Quote:How did humans move large stones?

Muscle power, log rollers, ropes and (probably) milk.

Quote:Did humans fly with more sophisticated machines?

No.

Quote:Stories are told about Atlantis, so were we apes or had advanced civilizations once before?

Stories are told about Atlantis because Atlantis is just that, a story (more specifically, an allegory) created by Plato.

Morphologically and genetically, we are apes.

The notion of advanced civilizations predating (roughly) the eighth millennium BCE isn't supported by the current state of the evidence.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 25, 2017 at 3:15 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:

[edit]

There are many ancient ruins and structures that simply cannot be explained yet ............
[edit]

bold mine

Fixed.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 25, 2017 at 7:49 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(March 25, 2017 at 3:15 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:

[edit]

There are many ancient ruins and structures that simply cannot be explained yet ............
[edit]

bold mine

Fixed.

Oh, OP has an explanation for them, and it involves that Greek guy with the crazy hair.  Rolleyes
Youtube videos about ancient civilizations is crackpot material. Shame on you, Atlas.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 25, 2017 at 8:01 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Youtube videos about ancient civilizations is crackpot material.  Shame on you, Atlas.

Are you implying the University of Youtube isn't fully accredited?