Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump just blew $59 million bucks!
Trump just blew $59 million bucks!
Each Tomahawk missile cost just under a million bucks:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3277606/to...ack-trump/

Not including costs to ship, staff, launch, etc.
RE: Trump just blew $59 million bucks!
NBD, that's (hopefully) a one time cost.

Look at his travel expense: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-tr...-millions/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Okay, it's just pocket change here, but then again, I forgot about the never-ending advertisements:

[Image: nintchdbpict000314636447.jpg?strip=all&q...=100&w=960]

I suppose that we should count that as being some unrealized potential revenue!
Actually, in today's dollars each one costs $1.4 million.  Got to allow for inflation - and bribes from the defense contractors - you know.
I'm sure he's lost more on a deal before.

We racing car drivers have a saying: How do you make a small fortune in racing? Start with a large one.
(April 7, 2017 at 8:47 pm)Nanny Wrote: I'm sure he's lost more on a deal before.

We racing car drivers have a saying: How do you make a small fortune in racing? Start with a large one.

Right- If I had not spent all my money on cars and cams and tires, etc., I would have had enough money to buy cars and cams and tires, etc. Big Grin  I bracket raced a '69 Camaro for about 3 months, in '73. On a sailor's pay, when I could even show up at a race track, I was toast.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
And, to top it off, no one can agree if the majority of the missiles even hit their targets or not:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/us-tomahawk-mis...d=46648720

The runways appear to be completely sound:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/07/politics/n...rian-base/

And, so, our government spent $1 million bucks to destroy individual buildings that were worth probably 20K at most?  As for 59 missiles, I would say that the Russians were right; less than half appear to have hit their targets.
Cost of a cruise missile: $1.4 million

Distraction from your train-wreck of a presidency: Priceless.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(April 7, 2017 at 11:19 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: Cost of a cruise missile: $1.4 million

Yeah, I was thinking about this. Trump is obviously an MD ('Master of Distraction'), a dab hand at give people something else to think about.

And - apparently - the airbase is still operating. This attack was an exercise in futility. Assad still has his chemical weapons, functional delivery systems, and (most importantly) Russian support. I'm not categorically opposed to taking military action against dictatorial thugs, but what exactly was accomplished here?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 7, 2017 at 11:19 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: Cost of a cruise missile: $1.4 million

Hey you how ya doin?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3014 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 982 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 903 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36691 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2089 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 930 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Will Muslims love Trump? They are whiny little bitches just like him. Greatest I am 1 910 September 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Just attempted to have a civil discussion with a Trump supporter about his tax cuts NuclearEnergy 6 1362 April 27, 2017 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anyone else just waiting for the Trump admin to crash and burn NuclearEnergy 17 6845 April 23, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is it just me, or does Trump remind you of Kim Jong? NuclearEnergy 15 2108 March 26, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: GUBU