Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just attempted to have a civil discussion with a Trump supporter about his tax cuts
Just attempted to have a civil discussion with a Trump supporter about his tax cuts
I simply posed the following question: I believe that tax cuts are a good thing for everyone. More taxes=more money people have in their pockets to spend on the economy and grow it. I then brought up the flaw in Trumps' tax plan. This flaw being is there is no way that we know of how the government would make up for these cuts. Because less taxes=less revenue for the government. 

And this Trump supporter responded with this: You are one stupid fucker! get over it! hillary lost you little bitch. 

Are Trump supporters just not capable of having a discussion anymore? Are they just set on this default of hurling insults when someone does not like their Orange leader?

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Just attempted to have a civil discussion with a Trump supporter about his tax cuts
Yes.  They are all assholes.

Just like their hero.
RE: Just attempted to have a civil discussion with a Trump supporter about his tax cuts
Did this "civil" conversation happen in the YouTube comments section?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
They don't even realize they're being T.rump's attack dog. I've seen them call people "pitiful sack of shit" and then say that wasn't an insult, it was just an observation.
(April 27, 2017 at 12:44 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I simply posed the following question: I believe that tax cuts are a good thing for everyone. More taxes=more money people have in their pockets to spend on the economy and grow it. I then brought up the flaw in Trumps' tax plan. This flaw being is there is no way that we know of how the government would make up for these cuts. Because less taxes=less revenue for the government. 

And this Trump supporter responded with this: You are one stupid fucker! get over it! hillary lost you little bitch. 

Are Trump supporters just not capable of having a discussion anymore? Are they just set on this default of hurling insults when someone does not like their Orange leader?

bold mine, Um...wut? Don't get bent, I know what you meant. (oh no, mania rhyming, where are my pills)

I doubt that you could have a civil discussion with anyone where Trump is concerned. Well, I'll say that I haven't seen one yet.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What do you expect? It's not like Trump voters supported him based on a careful, rational consideration of his carefully thought-out policy proposals. Most of them are little more than political bomb-throwers who just wanted to watch the status quo burn. The brighter ones among them (all six) might have some dim memory of the Reagan years and talk of the Laffer curve. The rest are just faith-based "patriots" who don't have two ideas to rub together. And facts won't matter to them in the least.

I have an uncle who used to do seasonal tax preparation work back in the '80s. He once told me about all of these working class die-hard South Dakota Reagan supporters for whom he prepared tax returns and how they were all convinced that Reagan's tax cuts had directly benefited them. Uncle actually had to show them their own damn returns from previous years before some of them grudgingly accepted that their beliefs weren't true. Some, he said, never did admit to themselves that they'd been had.
Quote:Some, he said, never did admit to themselves that they'd been had.

Yes, the biggest problem with stupid people is that they far prefer to remain stupid rather than admit they were stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 966 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 828 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 795 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 270 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 832 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Civil Rights. Gawdzilla Sama 12 857 October 20, 2020 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1001 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1048 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 14029 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36839 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace