Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wimps!
Wimps!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-39612317

Quote:Mexico revives 3,000-year-old ancient ball game

Quote:Today the game is played by teams of seven players, who knock a heavy solid rubber ball up and down a narrow pitch, using their hips rather than their feet.

But the thread title refers to this:

Quote:In ancient times losers of the game were often sacrificed to the Gods, but this year organisers opted for a knockout tournament instead.
RE: Wimps!
Would they settle for butt raping the losers ?

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You can ask.
And here I was hoping that they finally discovered dark matter particles!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I want that game where they kick a skull up and down the field. I'd watch that.

(April 16, 2017 at 4:10 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I want that game where they kick a skull up and down the field. I'd watch that.

Whose skull?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 16, 2017 at 4:32 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Whose skull?

Trump?
Putin?
Erdogan?

Decisions, decisions...
(April 16, 2017 at 1:29 am)Alex K Wrote: And here I was hoping that they finally discovered dark matter particles!

Dark matter particles are not wimps. They're machos.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 15, 2017 at 11:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-39612317

Quote:Mexico revives 3,000-year-old ancient ball game

Quote:Today the game is played by teams of seven players, who knock a heavy solid rubber ball up and down a narrow pitch, using their hips rather than their feet.

But the thread title refers to this:

Quote:In ancient times losers of the game were often sacrificed to the Gods, but this year organisers opted for a knockout tournament instead.

That sucks, they should bring that back and invite Trump to build a team that would surely LOSE. Bannon, Spicer, Kellyanne. 

The ancient Romans would say the same. Our contestants fought lions and tigers.

Today it is "Just a flesh wound, just a flesh wound"....... Everyone cries over a scraped knee. People get so bent out of shape over death. It's like our species morality changed or something.

I am no fan of golf, but I would start watching if they added paint ball guns to it. The rules would be the rivals would shoot at your legs and back from say 10ft away, but could not hit your arms or club or ball. I figure if you can make that putt while getting hit, you really earned it.
(April 16, 2017 at 4:32 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 16, 2017 at 4:10 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I want that game where they kick a skull up and down the field. I'd watch that.

Whose skull?

There is an impetuous nutcase in the White House, but I'd settle for mere impeachment just to get him out of office.