Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High latency.
High latency.
Been having problems now for over 12 hours; takes over 60 seconds to load AF pages.  Anyone else having issues?
RE: High latency.
No, everything is fine on my end.
All working properly on this corner of Europe!
Al  se ms t  be  ine.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
MH, I trust you're sending the rest of the letters to Tibs by snail mail for manual upload?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
No problems since I upgraded to that 2400 baud modem. Seriously, you guys should check them out!
There days when everything seems to take forever to load, not just AF but all sites. On the other hand there days when loading seems to be almost instantaneous. I understand it has to do with bandwidth whatever that means, something to do with how many people are using the internet. I think I heard once that if there are enough people who, for some reason, decide to access a particular site all at the same time it slows things down. [Image: dk8tMAx.gif?zoom=2]
Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.

(April 16, 2017 at 7:53 am)Omnibus E Plrus Nhilist Wrote: There days when everything seems to take forever to load, not just AF but all sites. On the other hand there days when loading seems to be almost instantaneous. I understand it has to do with bandwidth whatever that means, something to do with how many people are using the internet. I think I heard once that if there are enough people who, for some reason, decide to access a particular site all at the same time it slows things down. [Image: dk8tMAx.gif?zoom=2]

So it cleared up right after we bombed ISIS? Fascinating.
(April 16, 2017 at 7:48 am)ignoramus Wrote: MH, I trust you're sending the rest of the letters to Tibs by snail mail for manual upload?

Just part of the daily SNAFU in this house.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yeah, still running way slow for me; well over 60 seconds for a single page load.  Here are my ping times to Google:

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=47
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=47
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=47
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 46ms, Maximum = 52ms, Average = 49ms

And, so, not sure what's going on, but I don't think that it is ISIS!  ("Extraordinary claims...")

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's high time we had a competition! Tiberius 133 24320 November 9, 2013 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: c172