Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The woods, the hope.
The woods, the hope.
Hope is a big word.

Imagine it as a torch lit in a misty world, it's not about calls or loud screams you throw to be heard, but it's about recognizing the flare, even though trees and mist stand in between.

Shadows dwell, cutting through the swamps and you, legends say they tear mankind down into the swamps, but through them you can still see the flare, you can move, walk, even run, they can't hurt you as long as you see the flare, in the faraway distance away from the swamps.

Creatures come to the aid of the shadows, but you learned your lesson: you never turn your eyes away from the flare; lit in the distance away from the beasts. Just keep moving even if it was a mere crawl, heat from the flare will lift you to beat the beasts; especially that annoying reddish clawed fiend.

You reach the flare. You find her there in the cabin. God opened the road for her to light hope for you, maybe she was the flare, you don't know, but you sleep anyways. The shadows and the beasts can't make it out of the woods anyways; she can also rest and turn off the beacon of hope; that light was only there for you to cope, with a miserable ring where man and shadow have always fought.

-Atlas
RE: The woods, the hope.
(April 21, 2017 at 8:11 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Hope is a big word.

Imagine it as a torch lit in a misty world, it's not about calls or loud screams you throw to be heard, but it's about recognizing the flare, even though trees and mist stand in between.

Shadows dwell, cutting through the swamps and you, legends say they tear mankind down into the swamps, but through them you can still see the flare, you can move, walk, even run, they can't hurt you as long as you see the flare, in the faraway distance away from the swamps.

Creatures come to the aid of the shadows, but you learned your lesson: you never turn your eyes away from the flare; lit in the distance away from the beasts. Just keep moving even if it was a mere crawl, heat from the flare will lift you to beat the beasts; especially that annoying reddish clawed fiend.

You reach the flare. You find her there in the cabin. God opened the road for her to light hope for you, maybe she was the flare, you don't know, but you sleep anyways. The shadows and the beasts can't make it out of the woods anyways; she can also rest and turn off the beacon of hope; that light was only there for you to cope, with a miserable ring where man and shadow have always fought.

-Atlas

Hmmm, that is a nice intro to a terror game. Hey Atlas, ever played Amnesia:The dark descent ? Cool game, sad thing is after a few runs, you will know where the scary shot happens.
If the beasts eat you anyway, irrespective of the flare, isn't this a false hope and a cruelty perpetrated by God?

Hope doesn't always pay off. I've no doubt that there are people in Aleppo who hope that the bombs and bullets will stop, but they die all the same. I'm as certain as can be that millions upon millions of people place hope and trust in God that their child's cancer would spontaneously remit, but the child dies all the same.

I agree with you to the extent that having hope is a positive thing (the alternative - hopelessness - is too horrible to contemplate). But hope that is misplaced in a mythical being is precisely the same as wish-thinking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hope and optimism are human ideas worth spreading.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

It is a nice idea. But then, I never underestimate the power of human greed.
(April 22, 2017 at 8:43 am)LastPoet Wrote: It is a nice idea. But then, I never underestimate the power of human greed.
Wariness is also a good idea.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 22, 2017 at 6:31 am)LastPoet Wrote: Hmmm, that is a nice intro to a terror game. Hey Atlas, ever played Amnesia:The dark descent ? Cool game, sad thing is after a few runs, you will know where the scary shot happens.

Amnesia was quite cool, I think the game gave a reviving shot to survival horror.

BrianSoddingBoru4 

Quote:If the beasts eat you anyway, irrespective of the flare, isn't this a false hope and a cruelty perpetrated by God?

Hope doesn't always pay off. I've no doubt that there are people in Aleppo who hope that the bombs and bullets will stop, but they die all the same. I'm as certain as can be that millions upon millions of people place hope and trust in God that their child's cancer would spontaneously remit, but the child dies all the same.

I agree with you to the extent that having hope is a positive thing (the alternative - hopelessness - is too horrible to contemplate). But hope that is misplaced in a mythical being is precisely the same as wish-thinking.

Boru

We have to feel the cold, taste the mud, crawl to the flare despite the monsters crying for our life.

The civilians in Syria met the same tragedies that everybody else have already met, the Jews were burned, the French were butchered by English archers, the English were slaughtered by the vikings, the native Americans were annihilated.

The flare's existence itself is uplifting. Yes it exists. And yes; some fall for the beasts.

chimp3

Something to wake up to; eh?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My hope for Paradise California.... Brian37 0 159 November 13, 2018 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Shameless plug, hope you don't mind. Brian37 8 2007 June 8, 2014 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Brian37