Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Shit The WLB Can't Comprehend
More Shit The WLB Can't Comprehend
Yeah - this is complicated too, asswipe.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/trump-ba...ars-study/

Quote:Trump-backed Navy expansion would boost costs some $400 billion over 30 years: study

Quote:Taking into consideration older ships being retired, creating a 355-ship fleet would require the Navy to buy about 329 new ships over 30 years, compared with 254 under its previous plan for a 308-ship fleet, the CBO study found. The Navy would have to buy about 12 ships per year under the larger fleet plan, versus about eight per year under the earlier plan.

Quote:The study said the earliest the Navy could achieve a 355-ship fleet would be the year 2035, or 18 years from now.

Apparently this fucktard thinks money does grow on trees.
RE: More Shit The WLB Can't Comprehend
(April 25, 2017 at 2:11 am)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah - this is complicated too, asswipe.

Quote:Trump-backed Navy expansion would boost costs some $400 billion over 30 years: study

Quote:Taking into consideration older ships being retired, creating a 355-ship fleet would require the Navy to buy about 329 new ships over 30 years, compared with 254 under its previous plan for a 308-ship fleet, the CBO study found. The Navy would have to buy about 12 ships per year under the larger fleet plan, versus about eight per year under the earlier plan.

Quote:The study said the earliest the Navy could achieve a 355-ship fleet would be the year 2035, or 18 years from now.

To be fair, and believe me, he still is a fuckface asswipe, the GOP has had a long history of loving weapons and investing in war. And not just America, the word's economic conservative rich both friend and foe alike invest in the global weapons industry. 

This is a long term issue, and it wont change even if Trump gets impeached today. The sane really have to work on taking the narrative way from the entire GOP with their bullshit cold war crap and "don't tax the rich". The GOP loves to complain about waste, yet we have more weapons than we will ever use.
As George Carlin noted some years back, war is about the only thing we are good at any more.

But no other republicunt was calling for an enormous expansion of the navy.  I wonder if that is because most of the shipyards are in Blue States?
If we were good at war, Afghanistan would have been fucking conquered 10 years ago . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The problem is that in Afghanistan and Iraq we went in, overran the whole fucking country and then stayed there.  Unlike normal conquerors we don't go in, kill a metric fuckton of people, steal whatever we want and leave.  We stay there and want them to love us.

The US Army says "We Love You A Long Long Time."
A couple of things occur to me -

As far as I know and can recall, the USA has not had a problem with projecting the capacity to conduct naval warfare pretty much anywhere it pleases in navigable waters. Why on Earth do we need to increase our fleet at all, much less to this degree?

We can't afford to subsidize health services for the needy, yet we have plenty of money to piss away on this shit.

I don't expect a lot of conservative resistance to this sort of spending.

You know how you know when this administration's policy positions are fucked in the head? When they seek to gut our capacity to conduct diplomacy (Department of State) and increase our capacity for warfare.
(April 25, 2017 at 10:45 am)Minimalist Wrote: The problem is that in Afghanistan and Iraq we went in, overran the whole fucking country and then stayed there.  Unlike normal conquerors we don't go in, kill a metric fuckton of people, steal whatever we want and leave.  We stay there and want them to love us.

The US Army says "We Love You A Long Long Time."

I don't really think the "normal conquerers" approach would make us any more tolerable to the explosive overcoat crowd, tbh. (Yeah I know you're not advocating for that)

How about we just stop waging aggressive warfare instead? Continuing to squander lives, treasure, and goodwill is not the way to go.
Quote:Why on Earth do we need to increase our fleet at all, much less to this degree?

Jobs.  And making 'murrica great again.  And showing the Chinks and the Russkis who is the boss. 

I'm sure we could come up with a lot of reasons.  Stupid, expensive, dumbfuck reasons.
(April 25, 2017 at 2:11 am)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah - this is complicated too, asswipe.

I was watching USA propaganda films from WWII on Netflix. I'm pretty sure every "article" about the USA's military starts as propaganda. Drop the big ass bomb, move a shoot-bullet-with-bullet air defense system to Seoul to show that we can do it, send bombers to syria, look how Uge our .mil is, world!

We're a nation that's been at war for 16 years straight. Some things never change. 

There seems to be a "Next Three" policy much as what drove irrational spending by the UK on the RN ... the goal being that the RN should be able to defeat the next three-largest fleets.

With China building a blue-water navy to control the South China Sea, we seem intent on being able to keep those sea-lanes open and thwart, say, Russia's Northern Fleet at the same time. That will be a very expensive policy with little ROI if pursued, I think.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2567 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB Minimalist 12 1693 December 6, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Another Judge For the WLB to Hate Minimalist 0 456 November 20, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  THE WLB Will Appoint This Moron To Run The CDC Minimalist 1 422 November 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 433 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
  The Lying Sack of Shit Keeps Lying Minimalist 16 1204 October 28, 2018 at 8:41 pm
  The WLB Folds Like A Cheap Camera Minimalist 1 342 September 21, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Won't Hear From The WLB On This One Minimalist 4 529 September 19, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Was This The WLB's "Secret Plan" For Afghanistan? Minimalist 0 277 September 13, 2018 at 7:58 pm
  I'm Sure The WLB Will Pardon This Asshole, Too Minimalist 0 360 August 30, 2018 at 2:59 pm