Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB
See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/watch-l...ald-trump/

Quote:WATCH: Living US presidents recite the Christian Apostles’ Creed — except for evangelical ‘hero’ Donald Trump

Quote:Even though President Donald Trump is considered a hero to many American evangelical Christians, he couldn’t bring himself to join his fellow living American presidents to recite the Apostles’ Creed at former President George H.W. Bush’s funeral.

A video posted by CNN’s Keith Boykin shows that Trump stood in stone silence even as the former presidents seated near him read off the Apostles’ Creed.

I don't think he was snubbing Bush the Smarter.  It seems more likely that this hero of the religitards doesn't know what the fucking thing was and he sure as shit is incapable of reading it.

Hell, he flubbed the words to the national anthem, too.
RE: See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB
I'm sure this is what he was reciting to himself:

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, and a sesame seed bun."
Goddamnit.  I am going to have that earworm in my head for the rest of the day now!
(December 5, 2018 at 5:00 pm)Cato Wrote: I'm sure this is what he was reciting to himself:

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, and a sesame seed bun."

Or, ‘I miss Vlad.  Vladdy, Vladdy, Vladdy-poo. You complete me.’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I was a Christian for many years, and I hadn't heard of it before. Apostle's Crred is something I'd think my kids and grandkids would be playing on video games.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
I don't know how it goes either, though you'd think someone would brief him on it beforehand. Then again, this is the guy that needs to have his name sprinkled into reports so he'll pay attention to them for more than a minute.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 5, 2018 at 4:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/watch-l...ald-trump/

Quote:WATCH: Living US presidents recite the Christian Apostles’ Creed — except for evangelical ‘hero’ Donald Trump

Quote:Even though President Donald Trump is considered a hero to many American evangelical Christians, he couldn’t bring himself to join his fellow living American presidents to recite the Apostles’ Creed at former President George H.W. Bush’s funeral.

A video posted by CNN’s Keith Boykin shows that Trump stood in stone silence even as the former presidents seated near him read off the Apostles’ Creed.

I don't think he was snubbing Bush the Smarter.  It seems more likely that this hero of the religitards doesn't know what the fucking thing was and he sure as shit is incapable of reading it.

Hell, he flubbed the words to the national anthem, too.

As I said in a prior post, I hate the idea of forced ritual, even when merely implied through peer pressure. In this case, I really don't care if he could read it or not, I think he looked uncomfortable just being there knowing all the vile shit he said about Jeb and Jr prior, and I also don't  think he liked being physically isolated at the end of the pew like an outsider. We've seen him with other global leaders whom physically distance themselves from him. 

He didn't want to be there, I don't think it had anything to do with reading or singing. I think he didn't like the fact the Bush's were using him to show that they were not dicks like him.

I didn't sing or pray at my mom's memorial for one reason only, it was not my thing. I still showed up, still mourned her, will always love her. Still let the others pray and sing, but I did not myself. I did speak to everyone noting her life and how giving she was to everyone, I simply didn't partake in the religious ritual while witnessing it. 

But that is not why he didn't, for the same reason he dissed our military in France. He's simply a fucking dick.
What is the Apostle's Creed?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 6, 2018 at 5:33 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: What is the Apostle's Creed?

Quote:I believe in one god
the father allmighty
maker of heaven and earth
of all things seen and unseen
I believe in the lord jesus christ
god from god, light from light
true god from true god
begotten not made of the father
through him all things were made.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Maybe the chump is really an atheist?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Must see SCOTUS cases. onlinebiker 24 1178 October 12, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  6% Of Americans Think They Would Win A Fight Against A Grizzly Bear BrianSoddingBoru4 25 813 May 17, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Thumbs Up See what overpopulation does? onlinebiker 7 584 March 26, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Another Judge For the WLB to Hate Minimalist 0 452 November 20, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  THE WLB Will Appoint This Moron To Run The CDC Minimalist 1 419 November 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The WLB Folds Like A Cheap Camera Minimalist 1 338 September 21, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Won't Hear From The WLB On This One Minimalist 4 528 September 19, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Was This The WLB's "Secret Plan" For Afghanistan? Minimalist 0 276 September 13, 2018 at 7:58 pm
  I'm Sure The WLB Will Pardon This Asshole, Too Minimalist 0 356 August 30, 2018 at 2:59 pm
  Something They'll Never Say About The WLB! Minimalist 3 367 August 26, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball