Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them?
Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them?
I have found that it is just not worth arguing with them. A few days ago I was quite bored and decided to engage with one of these morons. He was someone I have known since I was a little kid. He has gone through multiple job, and in fact, his family was in so much need they became indentured servants for another family in the neighborhood that had a lot of money. However, all he would do is say how it is Liberals who are using welfare and that it is a wasteful system for us. I then simply countered that Red states are the one's who receive the most welfare. He then provided me with something that was about how U.S. adults who were left leaning were more likely to take welfare. I'm not really sure where he got this, but hey, I could not verify it myself. 

However, he then proceeded to make it about abortion and how "Liberals" again, are murdering innocent children. 

That is sort of just a brief summary of how our conversation went. I really tried to be reasonable with him. However, I eventually unfollowed the thread and ignored it. I did visit it yesterday and apparently some of his buddies decided to gang up on me and attack my physical appearance and how I'm just another "stupid libtard" that doesn't know anything about life because I've been brain washed by my University. 

Now, these sort of debates are becoming less and less common for me now. I even stopped following news websites on Facebook because I got so sick and tired of all the hate and vitriol that was spread on those comment sections. As for my friends who support Trump, I really don't mind. However, I have found that you can just ignore them. Don't feed them the attention they crave. Let them live their pathetic lives believe that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim who is head of ISIS.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them?
I've been approaching things in two ways.

1. When posting something "anti-Trump" I try to use a conservative leaning news website, which usually prevents them from claiming "fake news".

2. Break your argument down and focus on potential points of agreement and then expand on them. Taking your welfare conversation as an example. Ask them if they think severely disabled people who don't have a means of income or family should be supported by the state (this is something almost everyone agrees on). Expand from there, you can argue what about people who have a family but the family is too poor to look after the relative, etc.
RE: Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them?
I think I have removed all the Trump supporters from my friend's list.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 421 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1060 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Question for the Trump supporters The Valkyrie 33 3151 June 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1451 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 1956 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich
  make friends with both washington and moscow Interaktive 8 987 March 22, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2651 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Green New Deal Yonadav 0 214 February 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36904 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  How messed up are Trump Supporters? Minimalist 463 36837 January 23, 2019 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball