Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Physical Jew
The Physical Jew
Inspired by Harris' latest antisemitic hate thread, I decided to start an analogous one in which I will highlight Jewish physicists that have made crucial contributions to our understanding of nature, and summarize their work. Stay tuned!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: The Physical Jew
I was hoping for the other definition of physical.

of or relating to the body.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Well, let's go ahead and get started with the obvious ones:

J. Robert Oppenheimer
Albert Einstein
Niels Bohr
Carl Sagan
Leonard Susskind
Max Born
Lise Meitner
Richard Feynman

[Edit: Oh you said *you* will highlight their work. Sorry, I'll let you do your thing. This is just a topic I happen to know a thing or two about and I got a little excited and jumped the gun.]   Cool

I know the thread states to list Jewish physicists, but we’re a really smart group of people not limited to physics (though that’s technically my university major, at least on paper). 

Let’s also look at these Jewish scientists:

Jonas Salk – Invented the polio vaccine, and gave it to the humanity for free. (I wonder if that fuck-wad Harris suffers from polio.)

Isaac Asimov – Professor of biochemistry at Boston University and prolific science fiction writer.

Chaim Weizmann – First President of Israel, he was not just a politician, he was also a biochemist. He’s credited for having “developed the acetone–butanol–ethanol fermentation process, which produces acetone through bacterial fermentation. His acetone production method was of great importance for the British war industry during World War I. He founded the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel and was instrumental in the establishment of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.” (Wikipedia)
Holy shit, they skipped Chemical Jew and went straight for the finale of the trilogy?

Fuckin' film studios and their rush to make a buck...
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Can we compare all this to Harris' achievements?

because judging by how shitty all the Jews apparently are his sense of superiority must be entirely deserved.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Please feel free to go ahead and contribute...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Sorry I'm struggling to find any...
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I'm sorry I'm not going to be able to contribute, Alex.  Since you started this thread, I've perused the biographies of a dozen or so Jewish physicists.  While they all seem to have made contributions to quantum theory, or information science, or astronomy, etc,, not a single one of them appears to have approved the eating of Christian babies or sought world domination via manipulation of the media, so they probably aren't real 'Jews' at all.  One of them (Daniel Amit) even went so far as to oppose both the Vietnam War AND the maltreatment of Palestinians by Israel.  Clearly a fraud.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A friend of mine from way back who is an Israeli pacifist/communist, was a huge admirer of Amit. I think he even briefly worked with him on some neural network quantum thingy.

I'll start with the man my PhD advisor called probably the smartest person he's ever met

[Image: GW161H217]
Steven Weinberg

You might know him from some pithy quotes about religion and atheism. He is the central architect of our modern theory of fundamental interactions, the guy who recognized the real importance of Peter Higgs' idea and put it to use to explain the masses of fundamental particles. Really, he's the one who (co-)invented the actual theory, not Peter Higgs. Higgs came up with the basic idea, but in a simpler form and not in the context in which it is used today  - alas, Steve Weinberg had already gotten his Nobel Prize in 1979 soon after the discovery of the effects of the Z boson (along with his friend, the lone muslim physics Nobel winner Abdus Salam, and Sheldon Glashow, on whose ideas Weinberg based what is today known as the electroweak standard model of particle physics), so he wasn't going to get it again for almost the same thing.
Not only did Weinberg construct the Higgs model, he also invented the leading rival theory, which was investigated intensely until it was ruled out experimentally. Talk about covering all bases. When I worked at the theory institute in Heidelberg, my boss was working on some conceptual cosmology issues, and Steve Weinberg, then almost 80 years old, was right there on the leading edge, thinking about infrared singularities in big bang cosmology and similar mind-numbingly complicated things.
In fact, besides his crucial work on fudamental interactions, Weinberg was a leading contributor to our modern ideas about cosmology and the unification of gravitation and quantum theory. One of his ideas how to combine quantum theory with relativity is still investigated as an alternative approach to String Theory.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are Particles 'Physical Things' or 'Abstract Ideas'? Mudhammam 56 8251 April 15, 2015 at 6:45 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  A physical argument for an afterlife GermanAtheist 26 4107 March 15, 2015 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The Constraints of Physical Law Mudhammam 4 1879 March 26, 2014 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Cosmology of the physical universe Jackalope 2 1996 September 8, 2012 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope