Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watergate II
Watergate II
This is where Trump can prove himself a liar in a multitude of ways, all of which can bring down his presidency, possibly all because of a Tweet. He has painted himself into a wall of both political and legal trouble.

The House has now requested that Trump provide any recordings if there are any. Trump now has no choice but to provide any recordings that may exist, or face the same battle that Nixon fought and lost four decades ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/politics/c...index.html

Quote:House and Senate investigators fired off a series of requests after former FBI Director James Comey's testimony, seeking memos of his private discussions with President Donald Trump and any records the White House kept of their discussion -- including audio recordings.

The leaders of the House Russia investigation, Reps. Michael Conaway, a Texas Republican, and Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, sent a request Friday directly to Comey for copies of his memos. They sent a separate request to Trump's White House counsel, Don McGahn, for any record the White House had of their meetings.
The House requested Comey and the White House provide the records, including tapes if they exist, by June 23.

Quote:During a news conference Friday, Trump said he'd have more information related to whether tapes exist at a later date.

"I am not hinting at anything," Trump said, twice declining to elaborate. "I will tell you about it over a very short period of time."

There are a few possibilities here - Keith Olbermann made a similar list.

1)Trump has tapes and they show enough content to prove Comey has lied under oath in which case, Comey can be charged with perjury.

2)Trump is going to produce a short doctored tape that proves nothing, and like Nixon will be shown to be edited -- which technology today can do rather easily.

3)Trump has tapes but will not release them, resulting in a legal battle that makes him look guilty.

4)Trump has tapes but has destroyed them, erased them, or in same way tampered with them rendering them useless in some deliberate action. This too will only draw more attention to him from investigators, and make him look guilty like Nixon in Watergate

5)He will deny the existence of any tapes but another WH staff member informs the media or congress that they in fact DO exist - possibly under indictment -  in which case he will be charged with perjury and obstruction, pure and simple

6)The tapes exist and possibly in some way attest to collusion between his campaign and Russia -- but he forgot.

7)There are no tapes at all in which case Trump he will have to explain the cryptic meaning behind his Tweet inferring to the existence of recordings in one on one conversations with our FBI director, and why he would not simply so say before. Given the jaw dropping ignorance Trump and his legal team have of the law and the retarded explanations he is known for, who knows what we'll hear. Lightbulb  

I'd say with Trumps history of being a pathological liar, not remembering what lies he said and when, and his tendency to make inflammatory and impulsive reactions under pressure, he's probably going to further incriminate himself in some way. It will either vindicate Trump (who knows), or get him n loads of trouble legally -- whether his followers like it or not.
RE: Watergate II
Not to disparage what you have posted, but the information would likely be on CDs. Otherwise, I expect that you are correct. That may be where the Chump can equivocate, but that isn't going to last long, IMO.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
It seems to me that more then likely nothing will come of it. He and his cabinet and others he has on his pay roll will bury this while the head ass-clown does some tricks to divert the eyes of the public. If they impeach him, they might not have another chance at the presidency for quite a while. If they let him serve out his term, he will cause so much damage to the party that not even a team of neurosurgeons from Japan would be able to repair them. But oh wait, the Russians did it right?
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

Nothing will happen, because it's all in your imaginations. Mark my words. Essentially what we have is a bunch of peasants making assumptions based on a lack of understanding of what really goes on behind the scenes. Really the strata is peasants, warriors, nobility, kingdom, occult. The left after 8 years has suddenly become awake, and due to lack of experience tend to make mountains of molehills. Really it's just making a big deal out of nothing, but due to lack of experience, it seems like a big deal to those that are new to this. It's the equivilent of crying over spilled milk, when if you had perspective, you would really save your anger for children getting raped. How many of you know Trump has sent out special forces to arrest pedophiles, and thousands have been arrested, with children in cages getting freed? Now that is something to think about, while you all obsess over tweets.
(June 9, 2017 at 11:47 pm)Sterben Wrote: It seems to me that more then likely nothing will come of it. He and his cabinet and others he has on his pay roll will bury this while the head ass-clown does some tricks to divert the eyes of the public. If they impeach him, they might not have another chance at the presidency for quite a while. If they let him serve out his term, he will cause so much damage to the party that not even a team of neurosurgeons from Japan would be able to repair them. But oh wait, the Russians did it right?

It's very probable that even in the face of a smoking gun that Trump committed a crime the GOP will stand by him. They have waited a long time to have all branches of the government, so if they impeach Trump it will be disgrace to the party. If the let him stay a full-term however, he will destroy the party.
(June 10, 2017 at 12:09 am)DarkerEnergy Wrote:
(June 9, 2017 at 11:47 pm)Sterben Wrote: It seems to me that more then likely nothing will come of it. He and his cabinet and others he has on his pay roll will bury this while the head ass-clown does some tricks to divert the eyes of the public. If they impeach him, they might not have another chance at the presidency for quite a while. If they let him serve out his term, he will cause so much damage to the party that not even a team of neurosurgeons from Japan would be able to repair them. But oh wait, the Russians did it right?

It's very probable that even in the face of a smoking gun that Trump committed a crime the GOP will stand by him. They have waited a long time to have all branches of the government, so if they impeach Trump it will be disgrace to the party. If the let him stay a full-term however, he will destroy the party.

Personally I don't think the GOP is loyal to him at all. They didn't financially support his campaign, and many were part of the never Trump party. If anything they want to get rid of him to protect their brand. He after all used to be a democrat, and like some of his voters, are former liberals who were sick of corruption, and really wanted someone that would tell it like it is no matter how unpopular.
Trump doesn't seem to realize that perjury is a crime. He just said he'd testify under oath. Well, lying to voters and the press just makes you look sad. Lying under oath makes you look sad in prison.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Trump tells so many lies he can not keep track. He tells lies with his thumbs (twitter). Trump under oath will be the greatest show on earth!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Scoobs, by this point you could tell me gravity is real and I'd throw myself out the window just to double-check, and also because a screaming death is preferable to talking to you.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(June 10, 2017 at 5:49 am)Iroscato Wrote: Scoobs, by this point you could tell me gravity is real and I'd throw myself out the window just to double-check, and also because a screaming death is preferable to talking to you.

^Exactly this. I think I'd sooner spend six months in a Siberian labour camp than watch any video scoob posted.

Which wouldn't be so bad, because (as any informed person is aware), labour camps in Siberia are actually Illuminati-run training grounds to create the Bigfoot Army needed to battle the demons-disguised-as-aliens hordes who are trying to prevent us from reverse-engineering the warp core seen in the noted documentary 'Star Trek: Into Darkness', which we have to get in order to leave this planet before the Moorlocks take over.

Thank you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watergate II: Lock them up. DarkerEnergy 17 4500 July 12, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Watergate II: The strongest hint of Russian collusion yet DarkerEnergy 3 1366 July 9, 2017 at 7:31 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Watergate II: A Road To Impeachment DarkerEnergy 24 7557 July 4, 2017 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: GUBU