Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmers concerned with workforce being departed
Farmers concerned with workforce being departed
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/terrifyi...-deported/

Quote:“The threat of deportation and the potential loss of our workforce has been very terrifying for all of us businesses here,” Trista Priest, chief strategy office for Cattle Empire, a massive cattle operation that overwhelmingly employs Latinos

It isn't just Kansas.  Latino workers in Wisconsin are leaving Dairy Farms and heading back to Mexico.

http://www.wpr.org/america%E2%80%99s-dai...urn-mexico

Quote:Farm owners Doug and Toni Knoepke watch Hernandez and the other workers from a few feet away as they load their two-truck caravan. It looks like a scene from "The Grapes of Wrath," Doug Knoepke remarks, referring to the movie about the mass migration from the Oklahoma Dust Bowl to California in the 1930s.

Only this time, it is in reverse: The migrants are leaving a land abundant with economic opportunity for an uncertain future in their homeland.

Quote:"Miguel has been our right hand," Knoepke said. "He treated (the farm) like he owned it. We’re really saddened, scared. I don’t know. It’s sad."
In the first 100 days of the Trump administration, arrests by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in the Midwestern region increased over the previous two years.
In Wisconsin, farmers like Knoepke depend heavily on workers like Hernandez. Seeing him and the other workers leave worries this first generation farmer with 650 cows.
"I don't know where the industry would be without (immigrant labor) right now," Knoepke said. "We're relyin’ on it and what it does for Wisconsin and our economy."

I'm sure there will be tens of thousands of unemployed murrican citizens lining up to take these jobs.  Maybe those coal miners can learn to milk cows.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
RE: Farmers concerned with workforce being departed
"deported"

You mean the people who come here to live off welfare are the ones who put the food on our table for shit wages and appalling working conditions? Those people?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are those on the right so concerned with masculinity NuclearEnergy 19 3048 February 26, 2017 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are we more concerned about privacy nowadays? Tea Earl Grey Hot 13 4088 August 6, 2013 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  Shining Path Call on Farmers to Defend Coca Crops cratehorus 2 1034 June 9, 2013 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  Concerned about my country Justtristo 8 3026 May 5, 2011 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist