Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lourdes
Lourdes
So whats up with this supposed healing site. There Are supposedly almost a hundred reported miracles that has been proven or has it?
RE: Lourdes
Doctors don't seem particularly convinced. If they were, I'd expect a sizeable proportion of healthcare funding to go into sending patients there to be cured.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I heard there has been a sort of revolt form the medical staff that said they no longer want to support superstitions of a bygone age.
Let's hope so.

"They knew no better, but I do not propose to follow the example of a barbarian because he was honestly a barbarian.”
— Robert G. Ingersoll
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Lourdes is redundant (and unsupported in scripture to boot) in regards to the universal healing gift bestowed upon all good Christians.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

from wikipedia

"She [virgin Mary] made me eat grass growing in the same place where I had drunk; once only; I do not know why. Then the Vision disappeared and I went home."

Sounds idiotic enough for Christians to belive. I mean I know people here sometimes criticize me for calling Christians stupid, but really! Some girl claims she saw some apparition that told her to drink mud and eat dirt and all Catholic world hurdles in thinking it's the Jesus' mother who is probably in Hell anyway (according to their theology) because she didn't belive in her divinity of her son and he even denounced her.
But in all fairness this just shows that Christians don't know what they belive in. They see people hearding and carrying crosses so they just join in, like sheep.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I could see Mary having the inside scoop on some sacred mysterio stuff around Bethlehem, but France? Was the old girl on vacation or something?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If they are sheep, they should go to Wales instead of lourdes. I heard Welsh love their sheep.
ewes or rams ?

(June 26, 2017 at 1:39 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I could see Mary having the inside scoop on some sacred mysterio stuff around Bethlehem, but France?  Was the old girl on vacation or something?

Of course! who would not wanna stay at a little town in southern France.