Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of Luck and Goodbye (for a While?)
Best of Luck and Goodbye (for a While?)
As I was extracting some of my favorite posts for my offline archives, I noticed a thread about saying something nice about atheists. I think that will be an appropriate place to leave my presumably final post. For personal reasons, I feel my time here as expired despite having made many friends and respected antagonists. AF had become a pleasant diversion from every day concerns. Someday, perhaps soon, I may resume contributing. I am not closing my account, so anyone can reach me by PM or email if they wish. Many thanks to Tiberius and the mods for their generosity and keeping AF a lively forum for dialog, debate and ruckus fun.

All the Best,

Neo-Scholastic
RE: Best of Luck and Goodbye (for a While?)
Good luck out there, Neo.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
always think about scholastic book club when I see one of your posts . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

All the best, mate.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Best of luck to you, NS.

Cheers!
Come back soon Neo. The door is always open.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Cheers!

All the best, Neo. Hope you do come back someday so we can call each other names and sling poo!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Well, take your time to whatever you need to. Farewell, but:

You can check out, but you can never leave 8-)
(June 27, 2017 at 10:24 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: As I was extracting some of my favorite posts for my offline archives, I noticed a thread about saying something nice about atheists. I think that will be an appropriate place to leave my presumably final post. For personal reasons, I feel my time here as expired despite having made many friends and respected antagonists. AF had become a pleasant diversion from every day concerns. Someday, perhaps soon, I may resume contributing. I am not closing my account, so anyone can reach me by PM or email if they wish. Many thanks to Tiberius and the mods for their generosity and keeping AF a lively forum for dialog, debate and ruckus fun.

All the Best,

Neo-Scholastic

I always felt that you would be pleasant to converse with over a beer. I couldnt say that for everyone here.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Hope things are well with you, and that they only improve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodbye all Kingpin 20 1430 May 20, 2023 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey