Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peculiar Lamentation
Peculiar Lamentation
Lamentations of Christ are depictions of the body of Christ removed from the cross and surrounded by mourners. A common tableau features Mary in the middle behind Christ's body with John to Mary's right and Mary Magdalene to Mary's left. Does anyone notice anything peculiar about the Lamentation reproduced here?

[Image: Fig%20188%20P%20170_zpsxkhdjtla.jpg]
RE: Peculiar Lamentation
Magdalena has a very weird physiognomy, and what on earth is John doing down there?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The woman on the left has a broken neck.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 29, 2017 at 2:24 pm)Alex K Wrote: Magdalena has a very weird physiognomy, and what on earth is John doing down there?

Tooting the holy flute?
The two Marys appear to have exactly the same face.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Women are interchangeable parts.

Church dogma.
Given the number of spikes in his head there should be holes in the Turin shroud.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(June 29, 2017 at 2:24 pm)Alex K Wrote: Magdalena has a very weird physiognomy, and what on earth is John doing down there?

I think my description might have confused you. When I said to Mary's right, I meant on Mary's right hand side, not to the right of Mary from the observer's  viewpoint. So you're actually wondering what Magdalena is doing "down there."
There is an upside down trilobite close to that one guy's right hand.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 29, 2017 at 6:00 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: There is an upside down trilobite close to that one guy's right hand.

Ban this poster!!! Beat me by two minutes.

(June 29, 2017 at 5:51 pm)Caligvla XXI Wrote:

I think my description might have confused you. When I said to Mary's right, I meant on Mary's right hand side, not to the right of Mary from the observer's  viewpoint. So you're actually wondering what Magdalena is doing "down there."

OK, we give up, what's peculiar about the Lamentation?

Or is it that big Indiana Jones stone ball about to wipe them all out?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.