Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons to be jealous of Canada, eh
Reasons to be jealous of Canada, eh
So...this thread will be mostly relevant to Americans. I am super jealous of Canada. If I could afford to move there I absolutely would. Here are some reasons I'm jealous.

Canada has a better healthcare system and ours is likely to get even worse soon.

Justin Trudeau, I mean, what's not to love about him. He's smart. He's sexy. He's pro lgbt rights, pro women's rights, pro breastfeeding, pro science. Did I mention sexy? If you don't know how sexy he is, check this out

And of course poutine
[Image: poutine.jpg]

I'm sure there are many more reasons.
Feel free to list reason why you think Canada is great. (Don't say snow, that's the only downfall D: )
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Reasons to be jealous of Canada, eh
Less guns?

(and for reasons beyond Kit's understanding, hopefully black lives don't need to matter)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Canada is great because it seems to be the single largest source of Canadians who are, without question, the nicest people anywhere. Two examples:

1) A few years ago, I ordered some specialty hardwoods from a Canadian firm for a project. Twenty minutes after placing the order online, I got a phone call - not an email, a phone call - from an absolutely delightful gentleman who wanted to confirm the order, go over shipping, expected arrival, etc. The day the wood was supposed to arrive, the same man called again to make sure it got there. It hadn't and he sounded absolutely devastated, assuring me that this wasn't the way his firm treated people, and he hoped I wouldn't hold it against him personally. I was a bit flummoxed over someone being so concerned that an order hadn't arrived on a specified day (as we all know, they never do), but I assured him that I wasn't angry, upset, worried, etc. After we'd hung up, the wood arrived about an hour later. He'd been so nice, I felt obligated to call him back and tell him everything was fine. He actually choked up thanking me for taking the time to let him know. The next day, I got a call from the man's superior, apologizing again, this time for putting me to the trouble of having to call back and tell the first man things were fine.

2) More recently, the wife and I were dining out, and I'd overheard the people a few tables over tell the waiting that they were on holiday from Canada. At one point in the meal, their daughter (12, 13 thereabouts) got up from the table and pushed her chair in. The chair bumped the table and the girl apologized. To the table.

Yup. Nicest people anywhere.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Liege waffles and maple syrup bacon.

I can also confirm that Canadians are the nicest people I've ever met.
Saskatoon berries !!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

More trees to cut down.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 2, 2017 at 10:39 am)mh.brewer Wrote: More trees to cut down.

lol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
One of my best friends is also Canadian and she's a sweetheart.

They're very polite people.

There are two fantastic Age of Empires II players who are Canadian (my favorite game).

Canada has some fantastic comedians.

Canada is also somewhere I would like to move.

And holy shit I've never seen cheesy gravy fries before I wanna try!

I've had cheesy fries, and I've had gravy fries, but I've never had cheesy gravy fries! Shock
Yea yea yea, rub it in you Canadians, we know we are in deep shit right now.
Crepes and cognac on New Years Eve.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canada Memes .....EH The Architect Of Fate 47 2763 August 4, 2020 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Crossing into Canada EgoDeath 5 548 November 22, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Reasons to be pleased. Gawdzilla Sama 11 1166 October 19, 2018 at 4:19 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Reasons to be cheerful Dave B 8 1213 November 23, 2017 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Canada Now Has Money That Glows In The Dark Amarok 11 3622 June 14, 2017 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Makin you jealous/envious ScienceAf 32 5399 August 23, 2016 at 12:41 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Happy Canada Day all you Canadians!! c172 5 1082 July 1, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: c172
  Oh, Canada Minimalist 5 1312 December 3, 2015 at 4:09 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Reasons Dave Grohl is Awesome Cinjin 14 5309 April 29, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!! c172 12 3451 July 1, 2013 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Faith No More