Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answering: What is my point?
Many members here used asking me, anytime I present an idea: “What is your point?”.

So I will try to explain here what my point is for joining this forum, starting threads and posting replies when necessary.

When I was at school and university, I personally did never ask my teachers about their point.
Their common point was clear to me.
Each of them told me what he learnt and knew in a certain field of interest.
They were doing it to gain their daily bread, in the least.

So another question arises: “For which reason, they are hired for this job?”.

In real life and in any period of time, the big bosses in various fields need assistants (in the past, the today’s paid assistants were, in many cases, called slaves) who have good knowledge and skills related to the interests of a big boss. Therefore, the main role of an educational institution is to provide various diploma and degrees that show the big bosses around the world how a person can assist them if hired.

Back to me, I had my personal reason, since I was 9 years old, to learn just to have the necessary knowledge in a certain field, with or without a degree, (it happened being in electronics; hardware/software) so that I can work independently without the need to be an assistant, supervised by any boss or direction.

So, now, when I talk with friends, on the internet, about electronic circuits, I have no point but sharing with them what I know while I hear their comments which, sometimes, help me update my knowledge related to certain applications.

Also here, I have always no point other than sharing what I know (which could be incomplete, if not wrong) with the hope to hear serious rational comments; preferably based on one’s personal observations on ground, far from speeches, declarations and articles.

I hope I was clear, to some of you in the least.

Kerim
https://atheistforums.org/thread-49852.html
RE: Answering: What is my point?
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Answering: What is my point?
We really don't have any problems listening and learning. Just like real people!
I've gained heaps of knowledge being here.
As long as the speaker knows what is based on something real, eg: science, electronics, etc and what is just a pet fantasy. We understand the distinction all too clearly.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.