Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 8:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weed edibles.
Weed edibles.
Anyone ever tried any actual official marijuana edible recipes before?

When I was very young I tried eating weed in a really primitive way, I just got bread wrapped it around the weed and swallowed it.  I got really really stoned from it and it felt good but it wasn't exactly a luxorious way of eating it.

Basically has anyone tried any other ways of getting high from THC other than smoking and any they recomend in particular?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Weed edibles.
A few years ago there was a glut of decent hash, soft black swag, it was lovely. I ground up a half ounce and tipped it into a bottle of vodka and left it for a week. Supped it with a few other stoners. It didn't do shit.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(July 7, 2017 at 4:57 pm)Succubus Wrote: A few years ago there was a glut of decent hash, soft black swag, it was lovely. I ground up a half ounce and tipped it into a bottle of vodka and left it for a week. Supped it with a few other stoners. It didn't do shit.

You were probably too drunk to notice the effects.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Apparently 30+ years in 12 Steppers has effected a permanent and fundamental change in my thinking process.

I truly though this would be a thread on alternative salad greens like dandelion, endive, pokeweed, collard greens and kale.

[sigh]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 7, 2017 at 5:02 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Apparently 30+ years in 12 Steppers has effected a permanent and fundamental change in my thinking process.

But we all know weed is not a gateway drug to harsher drugs.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
except coke and acid and speed . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 7, 2017 at 5:04 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: except coke and acid and speed . . .

I WILL admit that weed is a gateway to acid. But speed? I don't think so. I got addicted to speed on my own thank you very much.

(July 7, 2017 at 1:03 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Anyone ever tried any actual official marijuana edible recipes before?

When I was very young I tried eating weed in a really primitive way, I just got bread wrapped it around the weed and swallowed it.  I got really really stoned from it and it felt good but it wasn't exactly a luxorious way of eating it.

Basically has anyone tried any other ways of getting high from THC other than smoking and any they recomend in particular?

Wait. You just took weed and ate it on bread? That shouldn't get you high lol. Otherwise I'd be eating my nugs all day.

Obviously the best food to make edibles out of is brownies. I recommend this link: http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/12/07/ho...ter/43230/
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
What I did precisely was this...

I don't know if this is common in other countries but in England we have this cheap shit version of weed, it's processed weed and it's basically a brown block.  It's know as sput, solid and I can't remember the other word for it because it's been a long while since I touched it.

I crumbled a hell of a lot of it into bread, you have to heat it a little then crumble bits off.  I crumbled it on the bread rolled the bread in a ball around it with the idea being that once the bread gets digested the weed will be released in my stomach all at once.

Initially I didn't think it would work, I waited and eventually thought ok I've wasted my weed.  Then I felt very very very high all of a sudden. 

Years later I'd listen to other peoples accounts of edibles and it matched mine.  What a lot of people do is assume its not working and they might eat another brownie or whatever it is then the first one they ate starts working.

This was all while I was in my teens, but I was a drug skeptic back then.  I tried a few things that were just basically fake drugs.  For me I felt this did work for me the one time I tried it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 7, 2017 at 1:03 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Anyone ever tried any actual official marijuana edible recipes before?

No. Never.

Wait, no, that's a lie.

Yes. The first thing is you make cannabutter. Google it, instructions are everywhere. I use 1-2 lbs of butter with 14-28 grams per pound - and make sure you decarb it, that part of the process is critical unless you don't like getting high. About the same for a half kilo or kilo (hey, an American who knows metric Panic). Doesn't have to be exact. I stick it in a crock pot and let it heat for several hours. You don't have to cook it, THC readily binds with lipids, the heat just makes it faster. Unfortunately so does chlorophyll, but not as readily. Strain after. Exact methods and such are online everywhere.

You can freeze cannabutter for quite some time.

Then you make cookies or whatever, replacing some or all of the butter with cannabutter. You cut it because if you make it as strong as I do, you'll have to, and you want to mix back with regular butter to dilute the chlorophyll flavor. I try to use a 3:1 ratio of butter to cannabutter.

Don't cook anything containing cannabutter above 340F (THC starts to vaporize above) and because the thermostat in your oven sucks and doesn't care if you ruin your cannabutter, I don't set mine above 325F.

As far dosing goes you can either do it right and take a small amount (like one bite), wait two hours and evaluate and maybe take more). Or you can take the reckless route and eat what you think you can handle. I use the latter, but I have a pretty good idea of the strength my my baked products.

Eating too much won't harm you but it can make it very unfun (like raging paranoia.and anxiety). If you've ever done dabs, too much dabs, and had a bad time, it's just like.that except a lot worse.

Any weed will work but better weed makes stronger, less nasty tasting butter in the end product. I find that peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies turn out really good. I haven't had much luck with brownies.

The process works with other oils like olive oil, coconut oil, even vegetable oil. THC readily binds to any fat I'm aware of.

I said it before:. Make damn sure you decarb your weed. I cannot stress enough how important that part is.
Also - when you did it, it's a good thing you heated it because otherwise all you would have had was a nasty sandwich. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why isn’t weed legal everywhere? Fake Messiah 6 514 July 24, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Can I Remove Bubbles from Weed? Rhondazvous 18 2045 February 11, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  A question about weed consumption (serious) Dystopia 19 2419 December 7, 2015 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Some people need weed. Lemonvariable72 29 4292 July 6, 2015 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Razzle