Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can I Remove Bubbles from Weed?
How Can I Remove Bubbles from Weed?
I have a desk made of oak particle board. I like to drink water while I'm on my computer. Unfortunately, that water sometimes spills and leaves ghastly bubbles/pimples on the desk. I know this is from the water causing the wood to swell, but is there a way to remove this and make the surface smooth again?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: How Can I Remove Bubbles from Weed?
what does that have to do with weed?

At first thought, the particle board is a mixture of wood particles (duh) and glue.  I'm guessing the moisture wets the glue, swells the wood, and sets the bumps when the glue dries again... maybe... IDFK.  In that case, it would have to get wet and be allowed to dry in a press squeezing it flat.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.
It's called a coaster.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 10, 2016 at 5:48 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: It's called a coaster.

Maybe that's what the weed has to do with it! Making you thirsty and making you forget the coaster!
I dunno... I prefer my weed with bubbles.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Stop inviting her over to smoke. Sounds like she's kind of a ditz anyway.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
[Image: 420Bubbles.jpg]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Remove bubbles from weed? Give up the bong and use a pipe or vape.
No real easy fix matey.
If it was me and I just had to fix it I would sand the whole top and relacquer.
A good quality marine grade clear lacquer will actually make it waterproof.
Maybe not fizzy drink proof or coffee proof though.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Lol Rhonda I was going to recommend renaming this thread "Ask Cthulhu Anything..."

As far as the wood, if it's near the edge of the table, try using a C-Clamp and a couple of blocks of wood, trying to flatten the spot down.

After you get it flattened as much as you can, you'll have to sand the whole piece down, then re-finish it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why isn’t weed legal everywhere? Fake Messiah 6 514 July 24, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Markets and bubbles, a thread for investors. Jackalope 12 987 January 5, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Weed edibles. paulpablo 11 1954 July 7, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Help, I guess (remove original daddy issues thread and name) ScienceAf 5 1302 September 1, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  A question about weed consumption (serious) Dystopia 19 2397 December 7, 2015 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  If you could remove your need for sleep, would you? Ashground 31 3802 November 12, 2015 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Some people need weed. Lemonvariable72 29 4279 July 6, 2015 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Should I Remove My Bumpersticker? Michael Schubert 15 2849 August 6, 2013 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Michael Schubert