Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just so that we are clear
Just so that we are clear
Snowden vs. James Comey

Snowden leaks classified information and he is cheered by Contards and what are now the Trumfucks. But Comey does it, and they lose their shit. 

Can't have it both ways cock suckers!!!!

And we all know the only reason Snowden was praised was because it was under the Obama admin and the Contards were desperate for anything to get Obama on. Despite it being a Republican president getting that passed.

I fucked up! But thanks for blaming it all on the black guy! -Sincerely, George W. Bush

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Just so that we are clear
Didn't Snowden release information for the sake of the American people while Comey merely leaked information to Russia?

I fail to see the similarity.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'm a Trumptard and I think Snowden and Comey should both be jailed.
C'est la vie politique.

Snowden is a bad example. I distinctly remember conservatives being against him. Assange and Wikileaks on the other hand...
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I haven't been following this all that closely.  Did Mr Comey leak classified information to the Russians?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I would say the motivation of Snowden, who knowingly put his life at risk to expose the governments abuse of power, vs. Comey, who passed around some classified stuff, because he's a dope are probably not equivalent.

I'd also guess Comey's classified stuff wasn't that important.

I don't know what to think about Snowden. That's a serious ethical quandry. Comey is just incompetent.
(July 10, 2017 at 8:15 pm)wallym Wrote: I would say the motivation of Snowden, who knowingly put his life at risk to expose the governments abuse of power, vs. Comey, who passed around some classified stuff, because he's a dope are probably not equivalent.

I'd also guess Comey's classified stuff wasn't that important.  

I don't know what to think about Snowden.  That's a serious ethical quandry.  Comey is just incompetent.

It was decreed that Snowden did not release anything important that other countries could use against us.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The details of the domestic surveillance program would certainly be relevant to foreign countries with spies operating in the US.
So, Comey writes notes of his meetings with the WLB.  By whom and when were they "classified?" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classified..._documents

Quote:To be properly classified, a classification authority (an individual charged by the U.S. government with the right and responsibility to properly determine the level of classification and the reason for classification) must determine the appropriate classification level, as well as the reason information is to be classified. A determination must be made as to how and when the document will be declassified, and the document marked accordingly. Executive Order 13526 describes the reasons and requirements for information to be classified and declassified (Part 1). Individual agencies within the government develop guidelines for what information is classified and at what level.

So when exactly did the FBI make all those determinations?  If it was after Comey released his personal notes they can go blow it out their asses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1963 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1017 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Now All Becomes Clear. Minimalist 1 624 March 17, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump now tied with Clition nationally according to Real Clear Poltics average ReptilianPeon 125 12346 May 28, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Stalin cult - what happens when a nation doesnt clear and work on it`s history Something completely different 6 2361 March 7, 2013 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious