Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hello all,

I'm an atheist who is trapped in the terrible land of the American Midwest. In order to prevent the inevitable madness that befalls all who stare at flat, boring lands all day, I thought to join a community of like-minded individuals. At least I think you all are like-minded; it might be that I've joined a cabal of atheist cannibals for all I know. 
Regardless of that possibility I hope to engage in worthwhile and fun conversations among the heathens of the Internet.
"I hate people who blame the Devil for their own shortcomings and I hate people who thank God when things go right."

Voltaire.
RE: Hello
know the feeling of rural wasteland . . .

Welcome!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm not a cannibal. I mean, I do eat humans, but I'd also have to be a human for it to be cannibalism. Don't worry though; I only eat Christian babies. You're safe. Welcome!
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome matey.
Remember, atheism is just a subset of scepticism.

What's your star sign btw?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 13, 2017 at 11:02 pm)RedgraveStorm Wrote: Hello all,

I'm an atheist who is trapped in the terrible land of the American Midwest. In order to prevent the inevitable madness that befalls all who stare at flat, boring lands all day, I thought to join a community of like-minded individuals. At least I think you all are like-minded; it might be that I've joined a cabal of atheist cannibals for all I know. 
I mean...cmon, how bad could that be...so long as we're fellow unbelievers? Welcome aboard from the land of eternal shade...where the sun comes up, about ten in the morning..and the sun goes down, about three in the day.  

Quote:Regardless of that possibility I hope to engage in worthwhile and fun conversations among the heathens of the Internet.

Optimism, I like it.  

Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 13, 2017 at 11:24 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Welcome matey.
Remember, atheism is just a subset of scepticism.

What's your star sign btw?

Really? I thought atheism was the degradation of society and all goodly Christian values. Wow I was able to type that without laughing.

Virgo is my star sign.

(July 13, 2017 at 11:27 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(July 13, 2017 at 11:02 pm)RedgraveStorm Wrote: Hello all,

I mean...cmon, how bad could that be...so long as we're fellow unbelievers? Welcome aboard from the land of eternal shade...where the sun comes up, about ten in the morning..and the sun goes down, about three in the day.  

Quote:Regardless of that possibility I hope to engage in worthwhile and fun conversations among the heathens of the Internet.

Optimism, I like it.  

Wink

Ah, so you are from the land of werewolves and yetis? Keep your silver nearby, or just someone as a distraction.

Optimism is the more fruitful and fulfilling way to live life; but kept in check with a healthy dose of cynicism.
"I hate people who blame the Devil for their own shortcomings and I hate people who thank God when things go right."

Voltaire.
Woof Woof Welcome.

Nubrasky, can't swing a dead cat here without hitting one of gods chosen.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hi Redgrave, Welcome from the UK. You've picked up a rep already so you must be doing something right! Would you like a cup of tea? I have some biscuits somewhere too...

Ah, here they are...

[Image: tea_biscuits.jpg]
Sum ergo sum
Quote:I'm an atheist who is trapped in the terrible land of the American Midwest.

Could be worse.... you could be in the south!
Just as much jesus.....much more humidity.

Welcome aboard, friend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5961 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3632 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates