Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western imperialism as an economic expansion
Western imperialism as an economic expansion
The colonization of the world by the West after the Cold War helped spread the liberal democracy

Is this the end of the story? The West has won forever?
RE: Western imperialism as an economic expansion
(July 18, 2017 at 2:06 am)Interaktive Wrote: The colonization of the world by the West after the Cold War helped spread the liberal democracy

What are you even talking about? Huh

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
(July 18, 2017 at 2:09 am)It_Was_me Wrote:
(July 18, 2017 at 2:06 am)Interaktive Wrote: The colonization of the world by the West after the Cold War helped spread the liberal democracy

What are you even talking about? Huh

After the Cold War, neocolonialism came. Russia has become a colony of the United States and the West.
Hahaha!

no.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
If by the west, you mean democracy, well that just proves that democracy is a better vehicle for promoting education, research and wealth.
Nobody has won anything. Each country tries to do its best for it's own sake.

With minimal checks, balances and transparencies, it's easy for any govt to become corrupt and the people will always suffer as a result.
A good secular democracy will try to keep these to a minimum.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 18, 2017 at 2:29 am)Interaktive Wrote:
(July 18, 2017 at 2:09 am)It_Was_me Wrote: What are you even talking about? Huh

After the Cold War, neocolonialism came. Russia has become a colony of the United States and the West.

Tell that to Putin-on-the-Ritz.
Dying to live, living to die.
Democracy is better then most it's still not ideal . Of course the people ought to own the country . And be the runners of it . But I'm not 100% convinced democracy is the ultimate expression of political freedom. And people empowerment .

As for imperialism nations still have ambitions of it . But they pale in comparison to multinational corporate entities . Thou to be fair the two imperialism go hand in hand and always have.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

The reserve currency of russia is the dollar and euro. Therefore, Russia is a colony.
(July 18, 2017 at 4:55 am)Interaktive Wrote: The reserve currency of russia is the dollar and euro. Therefore, Russia is a colony.

Perhaps Russia is suffering from a century of bad choices? First Communism and then Putin.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 18, 2017 at 6:30 am)chimp3 Wrote:
(July 18, 2017 at 4:55 am)Interaktive Wrote: The reserve currency of russia is the dollar and euro. Therefore, Russia is a colony.

Perhaps Russia is suffering from a century of bad choices? First Communism and then Putin.

Spit on Putin. The main thing is that Ukraine refused from Russia and from the Russian language. Ukraine is becoming Ukrainian and English is becoming a higher status. Language imperialism, however.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2380 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 468 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 537 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Drumpf About To Announce His Economic Plan Minimalist 12 1999 August 8, 2016 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Do We Blame the President for Economic Crisis? Rhondazvous 21 3375 November 16, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Is Imperialism a Good Thing? EgoRaptor 3 2112 January 28, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  The changing attitude towards homosexuality in the western world. Something completely different 0 866 July 2, 2013 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Are Western societies fully equal as yet? dazzn 2 1946 May 27, 2013 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: Sal
  India`s poor lost during the economic boom. Something completely different 6 2003 March 22, 2013 at 11:14 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  The arrogance of Western society Hughsie 20 7106 October 14, 2012 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy