Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on this?
What are your thoughts on this?
Came across this, interesting YouTube channel. It's these Christian girls, who seem in my opinion to be brainwashed and very confused. But, I will let you judge for yourself.

Oh, and FYI, I grew up surrounded by psychos like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wAp72wablM

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: What are your thoughts on this?
Well meaning bimbo café Christians...

I'm sure they think Jesus was a chiselled handsome white dude ....

Whatever floats your boat girls ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I think that they're perpetuating regressive gendercentric roles by promoting the idea of 'godly' men and women. They should be opposed by undermining their singular, bible-based views. The key step is to show that being a traditional, 'godly' woman is to surrender independence and adopt a degrading self image. Once they're imancipated the rest takes care of itself.
Sum ergo sum
(July 23, 2017 at 7:23 am)Ben Davis Wrote: I think that they're perpetuating regressive gendercentric roles by promoting the idea of 'godly' men and women. They should be opposed by undermining their singular, bible-based views. The key step is to show that being a traditional, 'godly' woman is to surrender independence and adopt a degrading self image. Once they're imancipated the rest takes care of itself.

The fact that they're doing what they're doing shows that they kind of know that but they're so steeped in self-deception that it doesn't occur to them on a conscious level and so they'll argue that it's not really what it is despite all evidence to the contrary. Just like every religious argument.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 23, 2017 at 9:32 pm)Astonished Wrote: The fact that they're doing what they're doing shows that they kind of know that but they're so steeped in self-deception that it doesn't occur to them on a conscious level and so they'll argue that it's not really what it is despite all evidence to the contrary. Just like every religious argument.

Indeed. I'm not pretending it will be as easy as me telling them they're oppressed and them thanking me for it, I'm not so egotistic! Christianity has had a long time to get good at its indoctrination techniques, to the point where even the effective rebuttal of their argument is support for it. But what I'm talking about is meeting their argument rationally so that those watching may be better informed. As we all know, in a debate, you're only going to effect the audience, not the debater.
Sum ergo sum
(July 24, 2017 at 8:10 am)Ben Davis Wrote:
(July 23, 2017 at 9:32 pm)Astonished Wrote: The fact that they're doing what they're doing shows that they kind of know that but they're so steeped in self-deception that it doesn't occur to them on a conscious level and so they'll argue that it's not really what it is despite all evidence to the contrary. Just like every religious argument.

Indeed. I'm not pretending it will be as easy as me telling them they're oppressed and them thanking me for it, I'm not so egotistic! Christianity has had a long time to get good at its indoctrination techniques, to the point where even the effective rebuttal of their argument is support for it. But what I'm talking about is meeting their argument rationally so that those watching may be better informed. As we all know, in a debate, you're only going to effect the audience, not the debater.

Hitchens managed to convey this to a theist once, and the theist admitted they were GLAD to be a slave, to god. So they admit that this relationship is neither healthy nor good but that they don't care because...it's with god. Like that magic word is a cosmic Mr. Clean that wipes away every bad thing it gets on. It doesn't fucking work that way and it's sickening. Indoctrinating kids should be a felony.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Hm, I personally don't see the problem with anything they say? Was it just because they mentioned the word God in there?

I think it was an overall very positive message, and I can especially agree with them about our society taking the "boys will be boys" attitude. I'd like to think I hold my husband to a high standard in terms of how I expected him to treat me and how I expect him to view women in general... And just in regular day to day actions. He has actually pointed this out before and thanked me for it.

Of course, it goes both ways, but these are women addressing other women. Both men and women alike should work on building each other up and holding each other to higher standards with respect, and encouraging the good in each other.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
My penis shrivelled up and inverted itself inside my crotch after 10 seconds. PLEASE! For the love of all that is holy provide cringe warnings.
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ
Wow. This is a weird channel for me to look at because I'm their target audience and they are very friendly, so I naturally try to listen to what they're saying.  I think the main issue with their paradigm is that they are completely lacking in an ability to think critically or appraise issues for themselves. Like, their video on gender: they spent the first 2 minutes saying that it is a complex topic. On that I agree. Then their solution is to look at the bible. WHY react like that to something complex? That is so opposite to weighing the merits of both sides of an argument or trying to find a workable solution. They use the bible as a cop out to having to think about things.

It_Was_me, you said brainwashed. I think that's the word for it. Fundamentally, they are not accustomed to thinking. It's sad.
It was boring to watch I guess, I don't really feel any other negative feelings towards this though. Wouldn't call them brainwashed, just wrong.
[Image: american-flag-banner.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 6642 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theistic thoughts Foxaèr 3 923 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  What are your thoughts on this GODZILLA 20 4458 April 2, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Thoughts on Hell? SisterAgatha 251 52886 October 30, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  My thoughts on prayer dyresand 25 6048 October 14, 2015 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Thoughts on the Woolwich killing Ben Davis 139 47008 June 3, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Thoughts on heliotheism liam 29 11172 September 12, 2012 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: liam
  Thoughts on the "eternal consciousness" / "everything is energy" theories... hoppimike 8 4988 June 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Adjusted Sanity
  God is light energy, thoughts and plans. bjhulk 10 4541 February 8, 2011 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist