Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Carter - He Tried To Tell The Truth
Poor Carter - He Tried To Tell The Truth
With 'murricans, that is never wise.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/7/...=emaildkre

Quote:Jimmy Carter's Prophetic Warning

Quote:Farmer goes on to note that the reaction to Carter’s speech was negative, and paved the way for Reagan—too cerebral and considered, and not emotional, feel-good or feel-angry.

Carter should have spent more time read H. L. Mencken and less time with that stupid fucking bible.

Quote:"The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth."

--H.L. Mencken
RE: Poor Carter - He Tried To Tell The Truth
I was far too young when Mr. Carter was on the scene to have actual memories of his presidency (I was born in 1970), but it has always seemed to me that his great undoing was his genuine desire to make things better for other people coupled with the notion that the best way to accomplish that was to enter politics.

He is far too decent a man to have ever been a successful politician.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Carter was one their own the Christians of that era couldn't repudiate fast enough to go suck that pandering Ronald Reagan's butthole.

And for our readers in Rio Linda, that ain't a good thing.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Murricans don't want to be told that there are problems to be overcome.  Murricans want to be told that their shit don't stink.

It will be the undoing of us.  Reality does not care if you believe in it or not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Romans tried to save the Republic Foxaèr 21 2969 March 10, 2020 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Black History,Eunice Carter, mob buster! Brian37 0 266 October 9, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Poor Domitian....Victim of Later Xtian Lies Minimalist 0 242 July 30, 2018 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "The Truth About Solomon's Temple" Israel Finkelstein Minimalist 0 566 June 1, 2017 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist