Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 7:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Not The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight.
This Is Not The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight.
No.  This is the gang that can't even remember where they put the gun.  Apologies to the late Jimmy Breslin for borrowing his book title.

The shitheads in the senate are trying to pass something called "Skinny Repeal," in order to get something passed that they can take to a conference committee with the House.

Back in May, however, the House narrowly passed a stinking turd called the American Health Care Act and one of the big selling points to house members was "don't worry...this won't become law.  The senate will fix it."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...ution.html

Quote:When the House passed their Obamacare repeal-and-replace bill in May, many members openly admitted that they didn’t really care for it. “Is this bill good? No, I don’t like it,” Representative Mario Diaz-Balart said, right after voting for it.

So why even pass the American Health Care Act? Because House Republicans need to say they voted to end the tyranny of Obamacare and that they were promised the Senate would come up with something better anyway.

Now, the republicunts in the senate have come up with a half-assed piece of shit and want to send it back to the house so they can have a conference committee in effect write a new bill again in secret. 

This is like watching two shitty football teams punt the ball back and forth to each other.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 0 336 June 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So let me get this straight about GOP Healthcare reform NuclearEnergy 4 898 July 18, 2017 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Looks Like They Have The Straight Dope on The Big Dope! Minimalist 6 1005 April 15, 2017 at 5:06 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 1 562 August 25, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself Minimalist 1 747 September 19, 2015 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  My privilege as a straight, white, cisgender, middle class thin male Dystopia 124 21244 January 15, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Davka
  See Strangers...Shoot 'Em. Minimalist 16 3184 January 31, 2014 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Court Mandated Gang rape downbeatplumb 28 7059 January 25, 2014 at 11:27 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Shoot a Turk and rest A_Nony_Mouse 22 14523 May 9, 2013 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Police shoot 71 year old woman in the back CapnAwesome 14 6861 February 14, 2013 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist