Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New suggestions
New suggestions
I have following suggestions:
1) to have the possibility to read only your posts by one mark
2) to limit the number of pages to, let's say, 6 and then print a
warning that the subject is going to be closed after more then let's
say 5 posts.
3) closed suibjects shall be send to a recycle bin of the forum
RE: New suggestions
1) You'll have to explain this one a bit better.

2) I don't think that there's much point in this. If a thread is active and interesting then it should be able to run its course and not be artificially closed. I've had experience were a thread has been closed by an administrator and I can tell you that not only is it annoying but people simply open up another thread and carry on from there. If a thread has run out of steam it will naturally 'close' itself and drift gradually down the list.

3) See 2.

But keep the suggestions coming though Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
6 pages seems too little for me though...some of the best subjects have gone on longer! And there's more freedom that way.
And if people want to keep talking about it, why not?
Evf
I think that when we click on the 'last post' of a particular thread in the main index it should actually take you to the last post that you read rather than the end of the list.

It can get quite confusing to start scrolling back to find where you last left off reading, especially if the thread has rolled on a few pages since you last viewed it.
2 and 3 I wouldn't implement in any forum. If stuff got completely off topic then maybe, but then you have problems with people loosing track of threads.

You would have to explain 1 a bit better.
(December 27, 2008 at 1:21 pm)Darwinian Wrote: 1) You'll have to explain this one a bit better.

2) I don't think that there's much point in this. If a thread is active and interesting then it should be able to run its course and not be artificially closed. I've had experience were a thread has been closed by an administrator and I can tell you that not only is it annoying but people simply open up another thread and carry on from there. If a thread has run out of steam it will naturally 'close' itself and drift gradually down the list.

3) See 2.

But keep the suggestions coming though Smile

See the Richard Dawkins forum. There is a subtitle "view your posts" and when you click on it all your posts appear as a list.
I think it is a usefull thing enabling every member to follow his posts without the need to remember where he posted his ideas.
I would certainly agree with something like that.

Adrian: Fancy hacking the code a bit to include something like this? Dodgy
The egosearch function. Doesn't this forum have something like that?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
My ego is all over this forum lol. Evidently if only because of the number of posts lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smilie/Plugin Suggestions from Refugees and Regulars Shell B 72 4916 November 7, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Two suggestions and and one more for the hell of it Heat 1 1014 January 10, 2016 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut