Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PERVS beware, scientists are coming for you pigs!
PERVS beware, scientists are coming for you pigs!
[Image: 081017_TI_CRISPR-piglets_main.jpg]

Endogenous retroviruses in organ donor animals are a problem when using them for organ transplants for humans. Now, CRISPR has been used to snip all the PERVS out of pigs to make them suitable donors:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/gene...ee-piglets
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: PERVS beware, scientists are coming for you!
I read that twice and I still have no idea what it says D:
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: PERVS beware, scientists are coming for you!
(August 13, 2017 at 1:43 am)Losty Wrote: I read that twice and I still have no idea what it says D:

Every living thing has had viruses splice their DNA into theirs in the past, and if you get implanted a pig liver, your immune system would act up because of those things being there in the pig DNA. If you remove the virus dna from the pig via gene scissors, it opens up the possibility to use harvested organs as donor material.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: PERVS beware, scientists are coming for you pigs!
I put enough pork in me every week, but my immune system has never freaked out so far... Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

RE: PERVS beware, scientists are coming for you pigs!
Aoi. He means from different species!

boom boom! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our Wold may end, according to leading scientists. Jehanne 8 534 April 15, 2021 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Who Couldn't See This Coming? Minimalist 3 463 November 19, 2018 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: no one
  Scientists turn "straight" rats into "gay" rats. Foxaèr 20 5657 November 6, 2015 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Blowing Scientists Minds Blondie 34 6356 October 22, 2015 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Scientists discover warm blooded fish. downbeatplumb 4 1861 May 17, 2015 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  One step closer to proving abiogenesis? Scientists create "Near-Living Crystal" Ryantology 41 16617 January 31, 2015 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Scientists: 100 million worlds may have complex alien life in our galaxy pocaracas 14 5238 June 14, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Scientists grow functioning kidney downbeatplumb 7 3637 April 15, 2013 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Real Scientists....Doing Real Science Minimalist 1 1672 February 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Scientists Disarm AIDS Erinome 35 9123 February 12, 2012 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious