Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terraria
Terraria
Anyone play this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrLn0c5R...eH&index=1

It's intentionally not embeded because it's a playlists and playlists don't embed.

Just thought I'd link the playlist in case anyone enjoys the Let's Play of the 1st video enough to want to keep watching... and linking the playlists saves searching Youtube Smile

Personally I've had this game 4 days and I'm already super addicted.
RE: Terraria
I picked it up few months ago and played it for a while. Good game - I like it better than Minecraft, mainly because pixelated 2d graphics suit my taste. 

There's another, very similar game - Starbound, which has almost identical game-play mechanics and graphics style, but with more of a sci-fi spin and an overarching story. 

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Yeah, I know of Starbound... and I like the Sci Fi theme... but I haven't bought it yet because I've never been a fan of stories in game. I just get the feeling I'm gonna always enjoy Terraria's straightforward approach more.

But I will get it and give it a go eventually.

Terraria is so freaking addictive.

I also prefer Terraria's graphiucs to Minecraft... and I love 2D. I also think Minecraft is super slow. And I also think that other than it being a mining and crafting game and zombies coming out at night.... there's not too much similar.

Also it seems to me that there's a LOT more you can do in Terraria. And the combat is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Minecraft.
I loved Terraria and eagerly awaited the release of Starbound. Starbound was made by a bunch of the crew that worked on Terraria and it was much like Terraria when it was in early release. I really liked Crea too; it has an interesting crafting system and your character levels up.
Why past tense? Lol. The game is still around and got an update and will get more updates.
After beating the wall of flesh and then leveling up my gear I got to a point where I was tired of being gored by unicorns. Having multiple Light disks is awesome!
Hardmode too hard for ya? Tongue
Yeah, pretty much got tired of being curb stomped by the metal versions of C'thulu, the World Eater, and that damn Skeleton!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone play terraria? Mental Outlaw 1 839 July 26, 2015 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Exian
  Terraria! Rhizomorph13 6 1662 June 23, 2011 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Roadkill1001