Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another "DOH!" moment for me today.
Another "DOH!" moment for me today.
Not upset, but a "son of a"......

Ok, so I stepped outside briefly to look at the cloud cover, wasn't raining. So I decided to walk almost a half mile to my local gas station to get some ........ well what else.....beer..... Anywho, didn't take an umbrella <------I AM A DUMBASS...... So I get there and all hell broke lose, the flood gates and all that. So I am thinking, how fucking long am I going to be stuck here? About 20 mins later it dies down just enough for me to walk across the parking lot to the Chinese food joint.

It had not slowed down enough though for me to be confident to walk home. Still lots of thunder and lightening. So I eat there, but it is still not slowed enough. I walk back to the gas station after eating, and wait some more. I finally took a chance because the thunder and lightening has passed, but it was still raining. My wet shirt in the heat actually felt good, but soaked shoes wasn't fun. 

This is a silly "son of a".  It was funny because it didn't look like it was going to rain when I left. DOH! Shy
RE: Another "DOH!" moment for me today.
What, no pubs in that town? The fear of lightening strikes is always a good excuse for getting home pisst.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 19, 2017 at 6:25 pm)Succubus Wrote: What, no pubs in that town? The fear of lightening strikes is always a good excuse for getting home pisst.

Not in walking distance. I don't drink and drive.  What pisses me off about that particular shopping center is that most the units are empty. 4 out of twelve in use and the biggest unit was for a grocery store and that Lowes went under 2 years after I moved in where I live. Now why does this piss me off? 

I am wondering how with so few units in use is is that entire complex not going under? Only thing I can figure is that the bank who owns it, are getting a tax write off year after year as a loss the rest of the county's citizens have to pay for.

It has been mostly empty for 10 years. Not because it looks in bad shape. Even now it looks new. But those assholes wont lower their rent. It is as if they don't want them filled and end up making more money off of tax payers by keeping them empty.
Not owning a car and traveling to tropical places, being stuck in the rain or downpours is not uncommon for me. Soaked and covered in mud.
Down here we say, "If you don't like the weather, just wait fifteen minutes."

(August 19, 2017 at 5:55 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Not upset, but a "son of a"......

Ok, so I stepped outside briefly to look at the cloud cover, wasn't raining. So I decided to walk almost a half mile to my local gas station to get some ........ well what else.....beer..... Anywho, didn't take an umbrella <------I AM A DUMBASS...... So I get there and all hell broke lose, the flood gates and all that. So I am thinking, how fucking long am I going to be stuck here? About 20 mins later it dies down just enough for me to walk across the parking lot to the Chinese food joint.

It had not slowed down enough though for me to be confident to walk home. Still lots of thunder and lightening. So I eat there, but it is still not slowed enough. I walk back to the gas station after eating, and wait some more. I finally took a chance because the thunder and lightening has passed, but it was still raining. My wet shirt in the heat actually felt good, but soaked shoes wasn't fun. 

This is a silly "son of a".  It was funny because it didn't look like it was going to rain when I left. DOH! Shy

So you're not an alcoholic.

Me? When I was still drinking, I would have walked through a locust plague or a damned blizzard to get my beer home ASAP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198627 Yesterday at 12:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 944 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1086 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2275 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  In or out of the moment? Foxaèr 6 309 September 20, 2021 at 6:40 am
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1117 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1097 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 515 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3552 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm