Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serpico backs Kaepernick.
Serpico backs Kaepernick.
Us old fogies remember Al Pachino back in the 70s playing the role in a blockbuster movie about a NYC cop Frank Serpico who fought to bust police corruption. 

Well the REAL Frank Serpico stood with famed Quarterback Kaepernick in his advocacy for minority rights and against police abuse. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footba...?cid=bitly

Yes it is news, but since so many sports fans of all sports look up to the players, while news it is sports.

Here is a wiki article on the real Frank Serpico. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Serpico
RE: Serpico backs Kaepernick.
Auh. Kaepernick had a few good games and washed out just like thousands of football players before him. Typical liberal logic. If you can't get your way, scream racism. The NFL won't lose more than a few pennies over this at most.
The Jets could use him.
(August 20, 2017 at 12:10 pm)Court Jester Wrote: Auh. Kaepernick had a few good games and washed out just like thousands of football players before him. Typical liberal logic. If you can't get your way, scream racism. The NFL won't lose more than a few pennies over this at most.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE.

3rd string or practice squad, racism is racism. I am sorry he bothers you but that is your fucking baggage, not his.

I am white asshole, I don't have an NFL career and I support him. This isn't about blackmail fuckface. You are a delusional asshole and selfish and tone def if you think that is why he did what he did. 

You are displaying the same insecurity when the first black players made it to MLB and NFL. 

Now ask me if I give a shit about coddling your insecurities.
As a person who follows the NFL like a religion, Colin Kaepernick is the best free agent quarterback available. He's better than 90% of the backup QBs in the league.
Objectively. There's not even a question about this.

It's not racism that he's not back in the league though. It's controversy. He, like it or not, is a bucket full of news media asking questions unrelated to football, he's cameras watching his every move pre-game, he's an interception away from fan revolt in most cities. The racism is people insisting that he has done some terrible unforgivable thing. How anyone can describe his actions as selfish is just dumb to me.

He'll get a spot. Some team will have a starter injured and need the depth. He is better than anyone else not already on a team.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 21, 2017 at 9:35 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 20, 2017 at 12:10 pm)Court Jester Wrote: Auh. Kaepernick had a few good games and washed out just like thousands of football players before him. Typical liberal logic. If you can't get your way, scream racism. The NFL won't lose more than a few pennies over this at most.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE.

3rd string or practice squad, racism is racism. I am sorry he bothers you but that is your fucking baggage, not his.

I am white asshole, I don't have an NFL career and I support him. This isn't about blackmail fuckface. You are a delusional asshole and selfish and tone def if you think that is why he did what he did. 

You are displaying the same insecurity when the first black players made it to MLB and NFL. 

Show proof of the racism.
(August 21, 2017 at 10:27 am)Court Jester Wrote:
(August 21, 2017 at 9:35 am)Brian37 Wrote: FUCK YOU ASSHOLE.

Show proof of the racism.

Knock it off asshole. Not going to take that bait.

Your ignorance of our history of institutionalized racism is your baggage, not mine, not his.

GROW THE FUCK UP.

The fact that we have still today assholes wanting to keep icons of slavery is evidence. The fact that hate groups shot through the roof upon Obama's firs win, is evidence. 

Not playing your fucking game. You simply need to grow the fuck up.
(August 21, 2017 at 10:33 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 21, 2017 at 10:27 am)Court Jester Wrote: Show proof of the racism.

Knock it off asshole. Not going to take that bait.

Your ignorance of our history of institutionalized racism is your baggage, not mine, not his.

GROW THE FUCK UP.

The fact that we have still today assholes wanting to keep icons of slavery is evidence. The fact that hate groups shot through the roof upon Obama's firs win, is evidence. 

Yeah. I really didn't think that there was any proof of the racism either. Thank you for your confirmation.
(August 21, 2017 at 10:37 am)Court Jester Wrote:
(August 21, 2017 at 10:33 am)Brian37 Wrote: Knock it off asshole. Not going to take that bait.

GROW THE FUCK UP.

Yeah. I really didn't think that there was any proof of the racism either. Thank you for your confirmation.

NO racism? Fine asshole answer the question.

Should Civil War Statues stay or go?

Think carefully before you answer because there is only ONE right answer.
Well that’s way off in left field concerning the NFL and claims of racism.

But concerning the statues, I absolutely believe they should stay for a number of reasons. First off, it’s been stated that those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it. The civil war shouldn’t be swept under the rug and ripping down statues because it melts the snowflake’s little uneducated hearts ranks right up there with the beliefs of ISIS and Hitler. Also, anyone that believes that the civil war was fought because of slavery or that President Lincoln was a friend of the black people is horribly uneducated. They are honestly at an elementary special education American history level at best.

The civil war was fought because the southern states had a smaller population than the northern states. Because of that, they did not have equal representation within the federal government. Because of this, the southern states wanted to break away and form their own nation. So, for about three years, the issue of slavery never came up.

The Emancipation Proclamation was a military policy that didn’t come to be until near the end of the war. It also did not include ending slavery in states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky, or Missouri. Lincoln was okay with slavery staying there for a while. Lincoln himself even stated “I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races”. Lincoln himself actually wanted to send black people back to where they came from and not allow them to stay in the United States.

The fact that people want to rip down statues because they think that they stand for slavery is pure uneducated stupidity. Very very very few people of that time frame had any concern or respect for anyone that wasn’t a white male. That quite clearly included President Lincoln and simply was a very minor concern throughout the war.
Those who think of slavery when they see the generals of the south, have a very shallow depth of education and I would argue are far dumber than the statues that hurt their uneducated little liberal feeling. Fun to laugh at though. I won’t argue that for a second. Anyone that wants to support social justice because of the risks brought on by a metal or concrete statue of a guy on a horse that’s been standing for 100 years already, really just turns the evening news into a comedy show skit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NFL backs off anthem rule for now. Brian37 11 1783 July 23, 2018 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Amarok