Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Archaeology of Poo
The Archaeology of Poo
https://museumofcannockchaseblog.wordpre...gy-of-poo/

Quote:As part of our Horrible Histories day, Penny the archaeologist could be found in a tent in the grounds, encouraging young and old to take a special interest in poo.

“Yes, the photo shows my hand,” she said fearlessly, “holding a 3,000 year old poo”.  One small boy squealed and ran at this point, but others crowded in, agog for poo.
RE: The Archaeology of Poo
This is amazing! Smile
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
You should have been an archaeologist!
I didn't realize it would involve such fun subject matter. Weeeeeee!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
See what you can learn around here?
I've always hesitated to say this because of CL's well-known fetish on the subject, but I'm the proud owner of six coprolites.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Wouldn't it be apropos for in a far distant epoch the only mortal remains of your beloved vor might be nothing more than a coprolite, it's shape a mute witness to the canal where so many virile hunky mens found their pleasure ??

Sigh, I'm all tingly downstairs in antici . . . . .

. . . . pation.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 20, 2017 at 4:37 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I've always hesitated to say this because of CL's well-known fetish on the subject, but I'm the proud owner of six coprolites.

Boru

No shit?
I gave PZed a ride to a local Creation "Museum" (read "store front") at Skepticon 4. The "tour guide" told me that croplites couldn't happen because the turd would crumble before it was fossilized. I pointed out that I'd seen elk turds covered in boiling mud at Yellowstone, and they had a very good chance of fossilization. He looked confused.
My grad school has a class on ancient latrine hunting and parasitology of ancient people. I am not sure if I can take the class, but I really hope I can.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Archaeology Thread The Valkyrie 198 15345 February 13, 2024 at 4:59 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How Convenient For Archaeology That The Romans Built Camps Minimalist 7 1663 November 30, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Archaeology's Challenge To Faith Minimalist 0 584 April 21, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Archaeology Having a Good Day Minimalist 6 1843 September 29, 2014 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Alex K