Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terry Pratchett's unpublished works crushed by steamroller
Terry Pratchett's unpublished works crushed by steamroller
Clap A hard drive containing unfinished works by Terry Pratchett has been crushed by a steamroller, as per instructions left by the fantasy novelist.
Pratchett did not want his unpublished works to be completed by someone else and released.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-41093066
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Terry Pratchett's unpublished works crushed by steamroller
"Ripples of paradox spread out across the sea of causality."
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Note the articles states the steamroller did an ineffective job and a rock crusher was used to render it FUBAR.  This is something members of AF could have advised them of.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I recently discovered Terry Pratchett, and love his work. I don't blame him for what he asked, since I don't think anyone could make it like he would have, had he lived to finish whatever it was.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I'm sad that Hard Disk World has been crushed.

(August 30, 2017 at 7:44 am)chimp3 Wrote: Note the articles states the steamroller did an ineffective job and a rock crusher was used to render it FUBAR.  This is something members of AF could have advised them of.

He should have asked for four elephants to stand on it, thus creating Turtle Drive.
(August 30, 2017 at 7:44 am)chimp3 Wrote: Note the articles states the steamroller did an ineffective job and a rock crusher was used to render it FUBAR.  This is something members of AF could have advised them of.

I hope for everyone's sake that they didn't use one of those substandard VERTICAL crushers.
(August 30, 2017 at 12:22 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

I hope for everyone's sake that they didn't use one of those substandard VERTICAL crushers.

I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT MY OPINION ON THIS ISSUE IS BUT I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT IT
(August 30, 2017 at 12:22 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

Am I the only one who roots for Möbius Strip Rock Crushers™ ?
I read all the Terry Pratchett books until Raising Steam was released and I returned it to Amazon. It was clear to me that Terry Pratchett the author was gone by that point. I was surprised to see him publish more books. It was like it was written by someone with no experience at all.
I'm in two minds about this.

I understand and respect the motivations behind the move. I wouldn't want anyone continuing my unfinished works and likely ruining them.

However, it would have been interesting to see in what direction he was going with Discworld and other works. Even if it was put online as unfinished works".

The fans are still going to write their stories, anyway.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Be More Terry BrianSoddingBoru4 4 508 April 22, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Assertiveness that works? Edwardo Piet 27 3185 May 18, 2015 at 11:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger