Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I complimented this girl today...
So, I complimented this girl today...
Today I went to my college class for a lecture and to take some notes. I’ve only been to this class for the second time, and this girl sitting directly in front of me caught my eye. I got a better look at her, and she was beautiful. I made a pact with myself to compliment her that day. When class ended, I decided to ask my professor a question. I wanted to get my stuff packed up before I did though. So when pretty much everyone had left. I saw the girl asking the professor a question herself. She happened to not have her stuff packed up. It took me a while to pack everything up, but, when I did, I wanted to break the ice. " Do I know you? you look familiar. Are you from around this area." I said. She mentioned places that were no where near where I lived( and tbh I didn’t recognize her), but I wanted to try something, right? She was almost packed up when I decided to spew a statement of, " I like your makeup". I said smiling. She smiled back and said “thank you.” Leaving right after. I’m usually not that bold, yet I felt smooth. At the same time I felt like a creep and/or jerk. I wish I could’ve talked to her more though. Could someone please tell me if I said anything wrong or to forward? Or did I say the right thing? Thanks. Shy
RE: So, I complimented this girl today...
It doesn't seem creepy to me. I have never had any luck with women though so I'm not a good guy to ask advice of. But in terms of feeling awkward with that stuff I'm the same way.
(August 30, 2017 at 6:08 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: It doesn't seem creepy to me. I have never had any luck with women though so I'm not a good guy to ask advice of. But in terms of feeling awkward with that stuff I'm the same way.

Thank you. I know there are lots of nervous guys out there, I'm just seeing what sticks. Shy
No, not exactly creepy I presume. You just used the oldest, most clichéd line ever on her, so she probably mentally rolled her eyes at you for even trying that old canard.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Not creepy at all.

As Alex said, you used several of the oldest clichés in the book..

But you broke the ice.
Dying to live, living to die.
It isn't creepy, I think you did good by approaching her and breaking the ice with her, too many guys don't ever do that. If you had said "I think you're beautiful" it would have been creepy.
Now you have an in next class, you can smile and say Hi and ask her how the class is going or something like that.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
I've never used a pickup line in my life. I'm also almost always single Tongue

I also (no longer) give a shit.

Be happy on your own, allow relationships to become bonuses, then you'll never be disappointed Smile

Only advice I got Smile
(August 30, 2017 at 6:03 pm)spyrofannumber1 Wrote: Today I went to my college class for a lecture and to take some notes. I’ve only been to this class for the second time, and this girl sitting directly in front of me caught my eye. I got a better look at her, and she was beautiful. I made a pact with myself to compliment her that day. When class ended, I decided to ask my professor a question. I wanted to get my stuff packed up before I did though. So when pretty much everyone had left. I saw the girl asking the professor a question herself. She happened to not have her stuff packed up. It took me a while to pack everything up, but, when I did, I wanted to break the ice. " Do I know you? you look familiar. Are you from around this area." I said. She mentioned places that were no where near where I lived( and tbh I didn’t recognize her), but I wanted to try something, right? She was almost packed up when I decided to spew a statement of, " I like your makeup". I said smiling. She smiled back and said “thank you.” Leaving right after. I’m usually not that bold, yet I felt smooth. At the same time I felt like a creep and/or jerk. I wish I could’ve talked to her more though. Could someone please tell me if I said anything wrong or to forward? Or did I say the right thing? Thanks. Shy

Not gonna like, "I like your makeup" seems quite strange coming from a guy lol. That's something girls usually say to each other. I'm sure she appreciated the sweet gesture nonetheless. Maybe next time you want to compliment a girl from class, introduce yourself first and say "I just wanted to let you know that I think you are very beautiful..." or something along those lines.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
"I like your makeup. Because without it I'd have to look at what's underneath."

That's the message being given. Worst compliment ever.

Although I guess "You'd look great underneath my garage." might be worse.
(August 30, 2017 at 6:48 pm)Hammy Wrote: "I like your makeup. Because without it I'd have to look at what's underneath."

That's the message being given. Worst compliment ever.

Although I guess "You'd look great underneath my garage." might be worse.

Wow. thanks. XD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 58 699 33 minutes ago
Last Post: Angrboda
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3654 195472 Yesterday at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2257 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 682 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1104 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1085 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 510 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3525 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I just found out today. Brian37 2 625 February 12, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37