Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niqab and Muslim Women
Niqab and Muslim Women
: It's a very strange incident; one that is expected though if we put forward that some ancient Arabs chose the habits of their primitive societies over the habits God revealed to Mohammed -Peace be Upon Him- in the Quran.

Women were always picked on across cultures. I literally can't find a place that treated women perfectly from ancient China's bound feet, to Christian Europe, up until Sunni/Shiite Arabia.

Many women became crazy because of the bias, so you can always expect that a portion of women in a society are nothing but an angry mob acting from the basis of reverse sexism.

Also we can't neglect that because they are human, some women are just evil.

But a fact is: society crushes minorities unless there was a strong culture forbidding that in the background. Women are lesser than men in numbers; thus it is very expected to find harsh treatment against them from some ignorant men.

Though; my topic is precisely about a form of discrimination that many Sunni/Shiite societies sadly practice against women; and that is called "the Niqab".

The Niqab is a mask covering the face, women wear it to cover their faces. Turning the woman into something like this:

[Image: 3b04900985c2933940bfa102b0f840ab.jpg]

This outfit is favored by a portion of Sunni/Shiite Muslims, especially Sunnies. To be more precise; especially Wahhabi/Salafi Sunnies.
Defending the outfit is usually carried out by Muslims who advocate it, based on this verse:

Quote: Sura 24, The Quran:

( 30 )   Tell the believing men to reduce their vision and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what they do.
( 31 )   And tell the believing women to reduce their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to stamp their headcovers over their pockets and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

The verse can't be more clear: Niqab or the face is not mentioned in the verse; and there is no other verse in the Quran discussing what Muslims should wear.
It makes much sense to say that believing women were asked to reduce their sights and veil their adornments, which helps a lot in valuing women as humans instead of sex toys.

More over; the Niqab was proven to be a pre-Islamic custom. It was mentioned:

Quote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niq%C4%81b..._face_veil
Overview
Pre-Islamic use of the face veil
It is claimed that the face-veil was originally part of women's dress among certain classes in the Byzantine Empire and was adopted into Muslim culture during the Arab conquest of the Middle East.[3]
However, although Byzantine art before Islam commonly depicts women with veiled heads or covered hair, it does not depict women with veiled faces. In addition, the Greek geographer Strabo, writing in the first century AD, refers to some Persian women veiling their faces;[4][not in citation given] and the early third-century Christian writer Tertullian clearly refers in his treatise The Veiling of Virgins to some "pagan" women of "Arabia" wearing a veil that covers not only their head but also the entire face.[5] Clement of Alexandria commends the contemporary use of face coverings.[6][7] There are also two Biblical references to the employment of covering face veils in Genesis 38.14 and Genesis 24.65, by Tamar and by Rebekah, Jacob and Abraham's daughters-in-law respectively.[8][9][10] These primary sources show that some women in Egypt, Arabia, Canaan and Persia veiled their faces long before Islam. In the case of Tamar, the Biblical text, 'When Judah saw her, he thought her to be a harlot; because she had covered her face' indicates customary, if not sacral, use of the face veil to accentuate rather than disguise her sexuality.[11]

Personally; I don't mind covering the face in terms of personal freedom. But I'm totally against (and frankly abhor) twisting what the Quran says to prove an ancient custom. Let alone the way some Muslims force the outfit on their women -which reaches to the degree of killing the woman if she take off the veil-, and turning women into literal sex toys.

I believe that the verse gave the rule to limit pervert behaviors and sexual harassment: men should reduce their looking and guard their lust, women shall do the same but should cover their private parts even more, because it is attractive to men to look at.

This way, both genders do their part. But how's the face related to all of this? and where exactly is it mentioned?

But I can literally see the converting of women into properties with the use of Niqab. More like sex toys.

[Image: 0b9d2718ce0346c9aad342e6600555c0.jpg]

The irony is that in the Haj and the 5 prayers; women MUST take off any face veil.
[Image: 70970Image1.jpg]

[Image: women-in-hajj5288.jpg]
RE: Niqab and Muslim Women
I've travelled through Indonesia and Malaysia, a lot.
I always found it disgusting to see a woman wearing the black niqab in 40 degree heat, trailing ten paces behind her pig of a husband who is wearing shorts, shirt and sandals.
They have to hold it open and slurp food from underneath whilst eating.
Head scarfs I have no problem with unless it's enforced by the husband or family.
I'd like to see niqabs banned but the main problem is that many women would never be able to leave the house again.
Sorry AtlasS33, but it's just another reason why the Muslim religion is worse than almost all other religions.
One more reason that Islam is one of the worst ideas ever conceived of by humans.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Religiously justified gender clothing is not an invention of Islam. Christianity even today has its bullshit sexist clothing certain families and sects in Africa, South America and even in far right America force on their girls/women too. I would only say that the Burka worldwide out of all sexist clothing has to be the most oppressive to females.

Men of all the world's religions simply need to grow the fuck up and understand the bullshit sexism of antiquity does not apply in the modern world.

As an aside Atlas, do you really think you will magically get smote'd, smite'd or an underwear wedgie if you don't end your god talk with "peace be upon him"?

I promise nothing bad will happen to you if you don't say that. It is just a superstition, just like nothing bad will happen to a Star Wars fan if they don't say, "May the force be with you."

This message brought to you by ABBA, "peace be upon Agnetha". Agnetha is the blond on the right in my avatar. She was a goddess back in the 1970s. Hubba hubba.
My piece be upon Agnetha. Is that what you meant? :-)
I had a dream the other night where I was shagging the blond out of ABBA. Don't know his name.

Moral: the e is important for avoiding misunderstandings. Wink
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 31, 2017 at 6:44 am)Cyberman Wrote: I had a dream the other night where I was shagging the blond out of ABBA. Don't know his name.

Moral: the e is important for avoiding misunderstandings. Wink

The blond guy is Bjorn, the blond lady is Agnetha. But I am sure this was sarcasm on your part smarty pants. So here is a picture for some clarification. This is not Bjorn. [Image: Agnetha-F%C3%A4ltskog.png]
No, indeed. She's Björn to be wild.

(Actually I knew all that. My sister was into ABBA when they were new. Being a kid, her favourite went like this: "Mom I'm here - here I go again! My mom..." etc.)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
It makes me cringe to see a woman covering herself from head to toe like that, as though she were nothing but a walking sexual temptation. There is no greater objectification than that. Its sickening.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Indeed. Especially if it becomes a habit.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv49DF06SeZJ3Wym_1_z4...XF4hQEKEpq]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5317 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6345 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2299 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1254 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1343 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4755 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8056 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3934 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4709 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 39222 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am