Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science proves it!
Science proves it!
www.scienceprovesit.com

I found this laughable attempt at refuting evolution based the second law of thermodynamics. At least I think it's the second, it's the one that says in a closed system, net entropy cannot decrease.

Put simply, something complex cannot arise from something 'uncomplex'.

I first came across this argument last year, whilst living in halls with a christian.

Firstly, I'm not sure this law is even relevant in this case.

However let's assume it is. The earth is not a closed system, so thermodynamics has nothing to say about it's net change in entropy.
Simple.

The troubling thing is that, firstly, anyone who knows basic thermal physics will see straight throught this argument. Secondly, the creator of this 'proof' must have known basic thermal physics.
So it's a blatant attempt to misinform those not educated in this area.
Creation 'scientists' sicken me.
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
RE: Science proves it!
I have heard creationist use that argument so many times its ridiculous. It's like they never realize how much the Sun contributes in terms of energy supply.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hilarious argument. I love people who say things cannot gain in complexity and then point out that acorns do exactly this when planted.
It's even more hilarious that the "Link to Scientists" leads to Answers in Genesis.
(December 28, 2008 at 3:55 pm)lilphil1989 Wrote: Creation 'scientists' sicken me.

Creation science is an oxymoron.

Kyu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The simple body test that proves the theory of evolution TubbyTubby 17 2757 March 22, 2016 at 5:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Map proves Portuguese discovered Australia: new book pocaracas 15 5153 February 20, 2013 at 6:48 am
Last Post: The Magic Pudding
  The science behind why people reject science Kaptinjoo 6 2747 April 27, 2011 at 2:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist