Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constantine the god of the bible
Constantine the god of the bible
It stands to reason that Constantine being the Roman Emporor, who thought he was a god anyhow....is the god of the bible.
RE: Constantine the god of the bible
What?
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
It's all his fault!! Angry
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 22, 2010 at 8:02 am)naturesway Wrote: It stands to reason that Constantine being the Roman Emporor, who thought he was a god anyhow....is the god of the bible.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Can you provide sources for that claim?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Constantine is my Dad's name, for real. But he isn't a Roman Emperor or ....... (im not writing it anymore).Big Grin
Constantine was little more than a thug.
So were most other mid-to-late Roman emperors starting around 200 AD, one possibly exception might be Julian the "Apostate".
(October 22, 2010 at 8:02 am)naturesway Wrote: It stands to reason that Constantine being the Roman Emporor, who thought he was a god anyhow....is the god of the bible.

You do know that the old testament pre-dates constantine by many many years and that the new testament is thought to have been written before constantine was born.

I think I can see where youre coming from but will have your work cut out proving it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 22, 2010 at 9:09 am)leo-rcc Wrote:

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Can you provide sources for that claim?
Simply because when he sent out those fifty bibles after calling the nicene council of his chosen bishops, he was the authority, creating a brand new christianity we know as the roman catholic church, he could have put anything he wanted into that book.
He created a god judge that could control and manipulate the people with fear of eternal damnation, and he could put any words he desired into the scripts chosen. For instance John on Patmos, if that isn't totally a ficticious document, he who adds to or takes away from is cursed. The contridictions have always been blown away with dogma, and theologyor the ever handy paradoxical. Go out and win all the world for Jesus,.Now on one hand we have a loving Jesus that loves his enemies, and yet we have another Jesus that is God that judges. How could or would a god who has been called omnipotent, all powerful create anything and then judge it. He would simply be judging his own self inadequate.
You ask my source, my source is common sense and lack of fear to call a spade a spade and illusion an illusion.
All religions , became the vehicles that governments used to control and manipulate the people. All gods are human made creations, with their cultural agenda.
It just stands to reason that Constantine like the other gods who were roman emporors, found a cunning vehicle to attempt to conqueor the world. Jesus supposed dying on the cross was the power of example for his armies and all armies christian based after, to conqueor the world,with their self righteous ignorance, willing to die for their belief...the perfect armies, and probably killed more humans in the name of god then any other concept in human history. Life was not a precious thing to Constantine, he had an agenda and he found a way to get in the door. I question anything written in the bible as being anymore then fantasy and fiction used by governments to control and manipulate the people with their terrorist tactics, no different than the bushes attempting to create a new world order thru terror, possibly a new nazi scheme masked with collapsing the world economy.
If I seem to be getting off of the subject, it is the first time I have had a chance to stretch out on my thoughts and opinions, as this was my first post here on atheist forum, I have only just accepted my own atheism in the past month.

(October 22, 2010 at 8:04 am)Darwinian Wrote: It's all his fault!! Angry
No its your fault also, because obviously you are too narrowminded to comprehend, beyond your impulsive thought process.
Ridicule is okay, if we don't make ourself vulnerable with our thoughts and feelings we can not see past our nose.
I enjoy higher entertainment thanks for sharing.

(October 22, 2010 at 8:04 am)solja247 Wrote: What?
Don't quote someone else what do you think, what do you believe.

(October 22, 2010 at 10:30 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: Constantine is my Dad's name, for real. But he isn't a Roman Emperor or ....... (im not writing it anymore).Big Grin
No offense meant to your dad obviously his mom and dad chose it for him.
As for Einstein, I pay no mind to the said authorities on anything meaningful.
What I do know and believe peace starts with the individual, when we find peace of mind within our own frame work leaving out all we learned from someone else along the way, we finally meet our true selves and when we get there we are able to embrace the universe and everything in it with love.
The only trustworthy teacher is Nature itself. All human information is tainted and slanted to the person speiling their own game , looking for someone to confirm they are okay with themselves.

(October 22, 2010 at 12:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Constantine was little more than a thug.
A thug with an agenda.

(October 22, 2010 at 1:00 pm)Chuck Wrote: So were most other mid-to-late Roman emperors starting around 200 AD, one possibly exception might be Julian the "Apostate".
Probably were Constantine got the inspiration, to pull off his game.

(October 22, 2010 at 1:48 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

You do know that the old testament pre-dates constantine by many many years and that the new testament is thought to have been written before constantine was born.

I think I can see where youre coming from but will have your work cut out proving it.
Editors today take what has been written by the author and make it more acceptable to the audience they are going after.
I don't need to prove it, having been through every denomination of christianity for more then 60 years, seen the deceptions and lies and hypocrisy that the poor lambs live by, I finally asked myself where did this book come from that is so popular world over.
When I finally hooked up with Constantine creating the Roman Catholic Church and calling his, I repeat his, nicene bishops together, and then he has 50 books written and sent out, only a blind person could miss the obvious, especially since we have 1700 years of Roman Catholic Tyranny, that has been documented. Then we have all these new bibles from every Tom Dick and Harry, with their editing of their personal beliefs. Confusion and chaos is the way of creating illusion, and those who buy into it are trapped in their own delusional existense, afraid to make an honest move or have an honest thought, for fear they are going to get there butt kicked.

Quote:All gods are human made creations

Evidence?

Quote:Editors today take what has been written by the author and make it more acceptable to the audience they are going after.
I don't need to prove it, having been through every denomination of christianity for more then 60 years, seen the deceptions and lies and hypocrisy that the poor lambs live by, I finally asked myself where did this book come from that is so popular world over.
When I finally hooked up with Constantine creating the Roman Catholic Church and calling his, I repeat his, nicene bishops together, and then he has 50 books written and sent out, only a blind person could miss the obvious, especially since we have 1700 years of Roman Catholic Tyranny, that has been documented. Then we have all these new bibles from every Tom Dick and Harry, with their editing of their personal beliefs. Confusion and chaos is the way of creating illusion, and those who buy into it are trapped in their own delusional existense, afraid to make an honest move or have an honest thought, for fear they are going to get there butt kicked.

Do you have any reasoning in saying that Constantine is the God of the Bible?
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer