Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polyamory
Polyamory
What are your thoughts on polyamory?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Polyamory
(September 9, 2017 at 7:19 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: What are your thoughts on polyamory?

What is that? And don't you have thoughts of your own?
As with sanity there is a just-right amount of -amory one can enjoy in one's life. More is sometimes less.
It's more fun when done in a group and the love is shallow and fleeting.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 9, 2017 at 7:26 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(September 9, 2017 at 7:19 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: What are your thoughts on polyamory?

What is that? And don't you have thoughts of your own?

Polyamory is the practice of or desire for more than one lover with the knowledge of all partners. And I do have thoughts of my own, I was just curious what others think. I personally think that polyamory isn't immoral, having more partners doesn't mean that you give any of them any less love. I don't see monogamy as wrong either.

Charlie Chaplin
Relationships just require so much care and maintenance. Take on more than one and you give up other hobbies. Whatever floats your boat.
(September 9, 2017 at 7:28 am)Whateverist Wrote: As with sanity there is a just-right amount of -amory one can enjoy in one's life.  More is sometimes less.

That's Amore`

Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 9, 2017 at 7:41 am)Whateverist Wrote: Relationships just require so much care and maintenance.  Take on more than one and you give up other hobbies.  Whatever floats your boat.
You do have a point, it can be hard to have very many partners, but is it a big difference between having one partner or two partners? Maybe for some it is, for others is not. What if someone who has more partners also shares interests with them, so they can practice their hobbies together? And what if all partners date at the same time? If someone can't handle more than one partner, or any partner at all, that's fine.

Charlie Chaplin
I think someone has been binge watching Sister Wives.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 9, 2017 at 8:42 am)Nymphadora Wrote: I think someone has been binge watching Sister Wives.

I didn't even know that that show existed.

Charlie Chaplin