Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Europa commeth!
Europa commeth!
Greetings atheists.

I wish to discuss religion and politics with you.

I am someone who values the contributions of the European peoples, and the Christian cultures in general.

Am I a Christian? Do I believe or buy into everything the churches teach? It would be absurd if I did.

I do however admire the force for order some of the churches have played in society.

I look forward to a productive discussion with you all.
RE: Europa commeth!
Hello.

What do you consider the "contributions of the European peoples" that you referenced?

Edit: Oops, just read your bio, never mind. Please don't respond.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 14, 2017 at 4:46 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Hello.

What do you consider the "contributions of the European peoples" that you referenced?

Good question.

1. The Roman Empire.

2. Electricity.

3. Democracy.

4. Mathematics

5. Classical music

6. Art movements of all sorts

7. The great poetry and literature of Europe and the building of cities on a massive scale.

Keep in mind I don't hate any peoples and think hatred is wrong. I am only celebrating my pride in my heritage, exactly as people at the St. Patrick's day parade do
Every year I celebrate my Viking heritage.

Every January I get into a boat, sail somewhere, go ashore and plunder a church.

Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 14, 2017 at 4:52 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Every year I celebrate my Viking heritage.

Every January I get into a boat, sail somewhere, go ashore and plunder a church.

Welcome.

Wow! You sure have balls Valkyrie!

You realize though you can just combine your Viking and Christian heritage and worship in a Lutheran Church Wink?
Every year I celebrate my Swiss heritage and make cheese Fondue.

Heat some white wine with a bit of lemon juice (esp. if the wine is low acidity) on the stove, slowly add ground Gruyère, Emmentaler and Appenzeller. Nutmeg, pepper and cherry schnaps, Garlic, some dried Mushrooms. More wine and schnaps. In the end add some starch dissolved in wine to bind everything into a homogeneous mass. Add some baking powder for fluffyness and easier digestion. Put it in a stone cachelon that was treated with garlic. Dip white bread and vegetables in it. Drink the remaining wine.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 14, 2017 at 4:36 pm)Europa! Wrote: Greetings atheists.

I am someone who values the contributions of the European peoples, and the Christian cultures in general.

Am I a Christian? Do I believe or buy into everything the churches teach? It would be absurd if I did.

I do however admire the force for order some of the churches have played in society.

Hitler made the trains run on time.
(September 14, 2017 at 5:00 pm)Europa! Wrote:
(September 14, 2017 at 4:52 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Every year I celebrate my Viking heritage.

Welcome.

You realize though you can just combine your Viking and Christian heritage and worship in a Lutheran Church Wink?

Nope.

Definitely don't have balls.

Odin is all we need.

Worship?  Is that another word for plunder?
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 14, 2017 at 5:00 pm)Europa! Wrote:

Welcome.

I prefer this arrangement of viking heritage and christian culture

The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 14, 2017 at 5:05 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(September 14, 2017 at 4:36 pm)Europa! Wrote: Greetings atheists.

Hitler made the trains run on time.

Ha. Why is that whenever anyone brings up the wonders of European civilization one is automatically assumed to be a Nazis?

I don't like Hitler one bit btw. I think he was a lunatic who ruined Germany