Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii 5-0 /Steve challenges Dr Quack....
Hawaii 5-0 /Steve challenges Dr Quack....
One of my favorite episodes of the original series was called, "Once Upon A Time". Very relevant today to me looking back, and could have been a subconscious part of my skepticism. The plot has Steve's sister's baby suffering from cancer, she turns to a homeopathic con quack whom promises her to cure the kid's cancer. Of course the kid dies. But during the two part episodes he confronts the Quack. In a very pathetic attempt to garner favor she  hits on him. 

I love his response, "I'd rather play homemaker with a cobra."

I love this episode because it is the feeling I have for faith healers and Dumpack Chumphead and cons like psychics. 

Of course he busts her in the end exposing her con in front of the court. Steve's sister was mad at him at first for interfering but realized in the end he was right and was happy he exposed the con.
RE: Hawaii 5-0 /Steve challenges Dr Quack....
I watched Hawaii 5-0 the other day. I almost died of boredom. The acting was so bad. I heard the new one is better.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Hawaii 5-0 /Steve challenges Dr Quack....
(September 20, 2017 at 7:51 am)Losty Wrote: I watched Hawaii 5-0 the other day. I almost died of boredom. The acting was so bad. I heard the new one is better.

Says you. I love the original. 

The new one is OK, but I hate all the bullshit CGI they overdo it with, and the old series didn't have a delusional conspiracy theorist as a character like the new one does. Kono in the new one is about the only reason I give it time. 

Nothing beats Jack Lord. But, everyone has different tastes.

One can still appreciate the story plot in my original post even if you hate the old series. I love the plot because it promotes skepticism. Just like I hated the cartoon Scooby Doo, I do look back at it now and value the skepticism it promoted.

In real life, I do love it when con artists get exposed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just turned off the New Hawaii Five O series..... Brian37 0 353 December 15, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  ME TV to bring back original Hawaii Five 0 Brian37 1 2215 August 21, 2017 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37