Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumblings about the Chargers moving back to San Diego
Shocked 
Rumblings about the Chargers moving back to San Diego
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-reporte...l#comments

article, in part Wrote:Could the NFL really send the Chargers back to San Diego? It's something being discussed, according to longtime NFL reporter Don Banks.

The former Sports Illustrated reporter, who has worked for NFL Media and currently writes for The Athletic, told a San Diego radio station on Thursday the NFL never wanted to lose San Diego as a market and could force Chargers owner Dean Spanos to take the team back...

I don't follow pointyball, even though I'll do fantasy leagues for anything. I am sick of what Spanos has put our city council, and our people, into. I've been very happy to see the Chargers go. I've become somewhat of a Rams fan as a result. I know that the Stub Hub center is kind of an awkward place to play. It's a soccer facility first. But I'm not sure what would be a better venue until '20, when Inglewood stadium opens for both the Chargers and Rams. Rams are in the Rose Bowl, IIRC, and that seems like an OK venue, but it must be expensive, given the history of it. 

Go Aztecs!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Rumblings about the Chargers moving back to San Diego
Not enough beer-guzzling fools to go around in Los Angeles?

Very odd.