Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your encouragement to get me back to shape!
Ok...I've been exercising but I get lazy...and I take breaks for a while or just don't do a lot at the gym.

My plan now is I want to go the gym every two days and lift weights, and work hard there.

I also want to run for 25 mins twice a day (so total of 50 mins of cardio). One in the morning, and one in the evening or at night. (I have a tread mill at home).

I'm going to keep progress here. This way, if I'm not lazy it will look good. If I get lazy, you guys can encourage me to stop being lazy.

And if anyone wants to exercise, get into shape, they can use this thread as well.

So I'm going to show off, in hopes, that I continue exercise.

Exercise is also healthy for my mental illness.
RE: Your encouragement to get me back to shape!
Cool.

I've lost close to 12 pounds in the past month just sticking to a 2000 calories a day diet. I'm trying to lose at least 40. I'm not exercising yet. Hope to add that in eventually but my schedule is so crazy right now.

I can work up a sweat at least playing my organ everyday (have to use my feet and hands).

And I mean my pipe organ, you perverts.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(September 23, 2012 at 12:29 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Cool.

I've lost close to 12 pounds in the past month just sticking to a 2000 calories a day diet. I'm trying to lose at least 40. I'm not exercising yet. Hope to add that in eventually but my schedule is so crazy right now.

I can work up a sweat at least playing my organ everyday (have to use my feet and hands).

I got to watch my calorie in take. I eat a lot of olives and junk.

Gonna cut back on the junk, and maybe eat just 3 olives a day, instead 12 olives.

2000 calories a day. Hmm...

Today I ate 10 chocolate chip cookies.
(September 23, 2012 at 12:35 am)MysticKnight Wrote:
(September 23, 2012 at 12:29 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Cool.

I got to watch my calorie in take. I eat a lot of olives and junk.

Gonna cut back on the junk, and maybe eat just 3 olives a day, instead 12 olives.

2000 calories a day. Hmm...

Today I ate 10 chocolate chip cookies.

There are some great apps on iOS (and probably Android as well) that help you keep track of your daily intake of calories. I use an app called "Tap and Track" that comes with a database of the calories of thousands of generic and name brand food items as well as for items on the menus of hundreds of restaurants. It can set up daily limit of calories based on your age, height and level of physical activity and can be used to keep track of your weight.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Start of this year I started to exercise. Just started by walking( could not even run). Then I started to ride, and I love it. At first I could not even ride 10Km(about 6 miles). Now I can ride over 40Km. Since I started to ride I have covered over 2600Km.
Gave up smoking in march. yippee. It also helps me with my depression.

One thing I have learnt, stretching your muscles really helps.
Gym time.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to go back to the gym too. I took a break with the kids home from school for the summer, I really need to get back on track.
Ok my legs are still tired from the morning. + laziness factor...and I've decided instead I'm just going to run 25 minutes once a day for a while...

So I ran at speed 7 on treadmill for 25 minutes today. The gym I go to was closed. Tommorow, I'm gonna go to the gym to lift weights.
Been meaning to get back inshape myself. My body used to rock but eventually I couldn't find the time for Tae Kwon Doe so I gave it up.
... fuck me... I sound like I'm in my forties.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 23, 2012 at 10:08 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Been meaning to get back inshape myself.

Just start. Don't hold it off. Put your progress here.

Quote:My body used to rock but eventually I couldn't find the time for Tae Kwon Doe so I gave it up.

I went to Tae Kwon Doe when I was a child. Yeah I was fit about 4 years ago. And I'm gonna get fit again. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Methods For Whipping My Negroes Into Shape? The Atheist 2 1272 March 30, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain