Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nature is metal
Nature is metal
I heard about this website on the Joe Rogan podcast.

It's a pretty cool website, the simplest way to describe it is to say that it's pictures and videos of sick violence in the natural world, some of it being unexpected/very random.

https://www.reddit.com/r/natureismetal/?...=t3_72xcxl

That's a link to it but you can basically google nature is metal and it comes up with the reddit website for it there.

To give some examples of what you see, I'll name some titles of pictures or videos and describe what I'm seeing.  Anyone who likes the disney version of animals and doesn't like to hear about violence in nature probably shouldn't read on.

Snake eagle, vs black mamba vs leopard.
Basically an eagle tried to catch a black mamba, seems to have got itself bit, two leopards have decided to come along and fuck the eagle up even more.

There's a video of a woodpecker pretty much pecking through the head of a newly born chick of a different bird.

Crocodile destroys big bird, kind of self explanatory.

Donkey kills fox. It's a donkey grabbing a fox by the neck and shaking it to death, I didn't even know they did that.

There's a lot of really high definition pictures of really vicious animals too, you see the muscle, the scars, the psychotic angry facial expressions on other mammals.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Nature is metal
I was hoping this would be salute to Metallica, et al.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HEAVY METAL GOD Stevie 0 929 July 25, 2012 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Stevie
  Metal Covers of Non-Metal Songs Shell B 10 6410 April 24, 2012 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Adjusted Sanity
  Free Instrumental Metal EP theVOID 4 1731 August 25, 2011 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Citereh
  religion as an aspect of human nature deriving from the language we use Whateverist 3 1486 July 26, 2011 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Scepticism/Atheism and Metal theVOID 0 1038 November 22, 2010 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: theVOID
  Richard Feynman on the probabilistic nature of light. theVOID 0 1042 December 26, 2009 at 8:05 am
Last Post: theVOID