Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreaming is free,.....and evidence free...
Dreaming is free,.....and evidence free...
It is kinda frustrating when your only face to face friends outside the net, while nice enough you still see the delusion.

So last night I am at a barbecue at a friends house. This guy was my mom's therapist. Anyway, was standing near his wife but really not getting the full jist of the conversation because I was juggling two conversations at once. But caught the tale end of what she was saying to someone else, and then the smile and that look. That look like they had won the lottery, or met Santa, and she said something about God so jiberish I couldn't make sense of it. Point is we've all seen that look of euphoria. And the last thing she said was, "That so fits"....... 

Funny how she suddenly changed the conversation and went inside when I said, "Which god?" She had also mentioned that she loved science that evening and all could think was, "Then how the hell can you buy one word of that ancient comic book?"

I will give them this, he and his friends and she all hat 45 as much as I do. They are not fundies in the slightest, but it is still frustrating to see people you like and love buy old mythology.
RE: Dreaming is free,.....and evidence free...
(September 30, 2017 at 9:09 am)Brian37 Wrote: it is still frustrating to see people you like and love buy old mythology.

Rip the mythology from them, exposing those deep painful scars they attempt to cover with the comfort of lies. It's going to hurt you more than it will hurt them, but in the end they will thank you for setting them free into the realm of reality that embraces the harshness of the secular truth.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
That's wrong Kit. We have no right to rip anything away from anybody.
We're all free to think our own thoughts in safety...no matter how silly.

As long as we're not raping little boys of course.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 1, 2017 at 4:15 am)ignoramus Wrote: That's wrong Kit. We have no right to rip anything away from anybody.
We're all free to think our own thoughts in safety...no matter how silly.

As long as we're not raping little boys of course.

Certainly from a legal standpoint, and as I said in my OP, this family is nice, but I do hate being a minority constantly having to bite my tongue knowing it is crap. 

Knowing the age and size of the universe, when people talk about fictional sky heros it makes me want to pull my hair out, even with family and friends. I scream in my head, " Love you but please it is fucking 2017." They rightfully reject Thor and Apollo, but when it comes to their invisible friend that's different. 

I don't want my family or friends arrested, but yea, the idea a magic puppeteer pulling our strings is just so patently absurd.
Quote:"That so fits".......

It was a barbeque.  Maybe she was talking about the hot dogs on the rolls?
(October 1, 2017 at 12:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"That so fits".......

It was a barbeque.  Maybe she was talking about the hot dogs on the rolls?

Actually it was steak, chicken and sausage.
The Trinity! ???
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1671 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
Big Grin Happy Birthday, Cthulhu Dreaming pocaracas 25 3601 September 5, 2017 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Evidence of Cultural Decline in Europe - Beer Yoga Neo-Scholastic 4 616 April 26, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Happy Birthday Cthulhu Dreaming Rhondazvous 39 3914 September 6, 2016 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Lucid dreaming Excited Penguin 20 2239 September 29, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: emjay
  Empirical evidence that mankind is 33% humorous, 33% insensible, and 33% factual. strawberryBacteria 2 825 September 21, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Heirarches of Evidence Fidel_Castronaut 7 1055 August 5, 2015 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Happy Birthday Cthulhu Dreaming! Losty 20 7108 September 6, 2014 at 5:43 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Dreaming thesummerqueen 17 3645 August 15, 2011 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  [split] God(s), Science & Evidence - Comments thread g-mark 53 21253 May 26, 2009 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet