Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any motorcycle lovers here?
Any motorcycle lovers here?
You know, they say you can know a lot about someone by looking at their bike, car etc Wink

There are basically a few types of bikes. Like for example

A good ol HD [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM0HZKtKbBJSJpXZq6GxI...MXT8k8TBdg]

Or a KTM aka pocket rocket [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyphiKJ0gU3R3ozMyu92a...Yj9VE_tNuw]

Or maybe a gorgeous ninja [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9M95H09wFM15WD54aqE2...X0cpm-45Y_]

Or how about a Triumph cafe racer. [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkKYLdDeLZywQX20YY214...k890q4GbQw]

These are all really good motorcycles but some bikes are meant for some people, when you see your soul mate bike you'll know. Anyway I'm a more of a Cafe racer lover. In fact I don't even have to fully type triumph thruxton r because my keyboard immediately gives me the suggestion. I could talk for hours about Cafe racers. They have a special place in my heart. There are other bikes that has a more classic feel than thruxton, like for example this guy :

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJW5BqwX9--kKWt00XSdP...moLjMt__sZ]

Which admittedly look like a poor rip off, anyway Now this guy used to be my one true love but turns out there's different issues like engine oil leak, poor build quality etc and they're not doing anything about it, leaving many with a broken heart. Can't really blame them to be honest because Cafe racers doesn't really sell very well because well, because of different issues, like for example it's a single seater and another issue is, well see Cafe racers used to be the shit years and years back but the technology has evolved so much since then and these days they are often marketed as a sort of "classic bikes".. Well the problem is Cafe racers(that are supposed to be a real fast machine) can't really keep up with modern bikes with modern technology. So why don't they just use all the new modern technology? See the thing is, when the technology is too modern the bike lose its classic look so it's a challenge design wise. Anyway Cafe racers are still made with enough success and remains the kind of bike that attracts a certain kind of crowd. The thing is, picking up a Cafe racer is no easy task because on the one hand you have pocket rockets like ktm which does its job of getting you from one place to another brilliantly. One the other hand classics are all about how you get from here to there. Do you rush into it like a madman or do you ease into it, enjoy the ride and like appreciate the beauty of a classic. It's kind of a dilemma and demands some kind of courage to go with a bike that you know you probably shouldn't go with because why would you there are others that get you from here to there faster...but in the end choosing a classic because sometimes you have to listen to your heart and shush your brain.
RE: Any motorcycle lovers here?
Imagine this; daughter of a tattoo artist that has been on Harley's since she was six. At 12 she is the small little bean pole having a bbq with her family and all their biker friends. She is asked what kind of bike she wants. Fatboy. Every adult bursts out laughing.

I will get my Fatboy one day and I WILL be able to hold it up without it falling on me like they all claimed.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
I may have sniffed a few seats over the years . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I've toyed with the idea of getting one a few time but I just know too many people who know too many people who have died on them.

Actually the first time I was really thinking about learning to ride a week later a 16 year old at my work died on his.  He'd only just learned to ride.

A few of the managers in my work have a bike for summer and a car for winter and they're really sensible people who haven't had accidents as far as I'm aware.  They are cheap and you can get through traffic quick but I just don't trust other people on the roads enough.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I like them, but two reasons I don't have one now.

Biggest reason is that other drivers in cars don't pay attention. Second reason is that if someone hits you or you hit something you don't have the protection say that of a car.

But, having had one in the past, I do like the feeling. I simply don't like the danger considering the other morons on the road.
I used to have a Honda VTR 1000 F for years.

Now I have one of these:

[Image: 2013-Harley-Davidson-FXSB-Breakout1-small-678x381.jpg]
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 5, 2017 at 2:43 pm)paulpablo Wrote: A few of the managers in my work have a bike for summer and a car for winter and they're really sensible people who haven't had accidents as far as I'm aware. 

That's actually really smart. Growing up with bikers you learn real quick that you don't buy a bike until you can afford a bike and a car/truck for bad weather days. I would say bikes are for fall/spring but that's cause being in Texas in the summer you don't want to sit baking in the sun on your bike.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Had a trail bike and a dirt bike a VERY long time ago. The ATV is definitely something better for me in 'my time of life'.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Victory XC here.... this one isn’t me, but I am in my profile pic (taken on tail of the Dragon).
Love this bike!

[Image: victory-cross-country-factory-custom-8.jpg]
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(October 5, 2017 at 2:43 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I've toyed with the idea of getting one a few time but I just know too many people who know too many people who have died on them.

ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any financial guru's here? Brian37 108 6554 March 12, 2020 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Thumbs Up Any welders here? onlinebiker 11 606 January 23, 2020 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Any 3D printing geeks here? ignoramus 15 1092 June 4, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What is job like in Motorcycle Showroom ? Megabullshit 13 876 April 1, 2019 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 955 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Any Environmental Watchdogs here? onlinebiker 6 862 December 9, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Any good barbecuers here? Brian37 22 2179 August 8, 2018 at 9:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For All You Word Lovers: You Gotta Adore This One: Copacetic Rhondazvous 17 2212 December 20, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Any Fifa 18 players here? Arsoo 1 346 September 30, 2017 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does Anybody Around Here Have Any Dignity? laserthought 17 1556 August 17, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Cyberman