Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C.A.T.
C.A.T.
The Caffeine Appreciation Thread

You know, my big brother never wanted me to start drinking coffee. He always said I was hyper enough as it was. This, of course, made me want to drink coffee. It wasn't for the smell, nor the taste, but because it pissed him off. Of course, when the senior years in high school rolled by, I saw its value in staying up, both for parties as well as for studying. I consumed cafeine by the gallons, both through energydrinks which replaced sodas and through coffee. Whenever I was at home, I drank it dark and bitter. But for the first year, whenever I was out, I drank cappucino's. It took me a year to admit I didn't like those. I just liked them because they made me feel more fancy than just drinking a straight up cup of coffee.
It may be an addiction, but I feel honest in saying that coffee got me through college and university both. It added three hours of studytime to my day, easy. These were days that I consumed a full pot and a half on my own. I don't do that anymore, though I still am one of the heavy-coffee drinkers at work.
And don't misunderstand me. This isn't humble-bragging: I'm just a huge fan of a nice, black and bitter cup of coffee. 
[Image: 200w.gif#3-grid1]

And I prefer mine bitter, strong and black. Coffee should have a kick to it. Sugar, milk or any kind of sweetener is just taking away from the raw power of the processed bean. The perfect cup of coffee slaps you in the face and knocks the crust right out of your eyes whilst shouting: 'Get a move on you lazy bum! And if you think I'm being unfair, just wait what the rest of the goddamned day has in store for you. I'm not here to sugarcoat it, I'm here to get you ready for a day filled with crap, kid: so get to it!"

So how do you take yours?

PS. While I love coffee, for some reason; I can't abide tiramisu. I don't get it myself.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
RE: C.A.T.
I binge on coffee. I go without it for weeks and then I drink fucktons of it.
[Image: 81a6Apr3WlL._SY679_.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
[Image: 9520925c44a21d243174845063707c48--transport-closed.jpg]
(November 7, 2017 at 5:37 pm)Mr.Obvious Wrote: The Caffeine Appreciation Thread

You know, my big brother never wanted me to start drinking coffee. He always said I was hyper enough as it was. This, of course, made me want to drink coffee. It wasn't for the smell, nor the taste, but because it pissed him off. Of course, when the senior years in high school rolled by, I saw its value in staying up, both for parties as well as for studying. I consumed cafeine by the gallons, both through energydrinks which replaced sodas and through coffee. Whenever I was at home, I drank it dark and bitter. But for the first year, whenever I was out, I drank cappucino's. It took me a year to admit I didn't like those. I just liked them because they made me feel more fancy than just drinking a straight up cup of coffee.
It may be an addiction, but I feel honest in saying that coffee got me through college and university both. It added three hours of studytime to my day, easy. These were days that I consumed a full pot and a half on my own. I don't do that anymore, though I still am one of the heavy-coffee drinkers at work.
And don't misunderstand me. This isn't humble-bragging: I'm just a huge fan of a nice, black and bitter cup of coffee. 
[Image: 200w.gif#3-grid1]

And I prefer mine bitter, strong and black. Coffee should have a kick to it. Sugar, milk or any kind of sweetener is just taking away from the raw power of the processed bean. The perfect cup of coffee slaps you in the face and knocks the crust right out of your eyes whilst  shouting: 'Get a move on you lazy bum! And if you think I'm being unfair, just wait what the rest of the goddamned day has in store for you. I'm not here to sugarcoat it, I'm here to get you ready for a day filled with crap, kid: so get to it!"

So how do you take yours?

PS. While I love coffee, for some reason; I can't abide tiramisu. I don't get it myself.

Bold mine. Heh heh me too, except the bitter part. I like them having a sense of humor.

Wut?  Angel

Oh. Ok fine. I like strong coffee, cream, no sugar. I have my cup of coffee at 8:30 AM every day. I can’t have more, because I get anxiety. I like my cup to be black (have used the same one for a year or so) and it can’t have weird curves or handles. Has to be a normal shaped cup, never ever transparent.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Just boil the beans and eat 'em like candy. Or just eat 'em roasted, as they are already nice and crunchy. I drink it hot and black. Many years ago I got hooked on International Delight Hazelnut creamer. That stuff was like crack, I swear. If I ran out, I drove around looking for a store that carried. There was no substitute. I realized how crazy that was, and switched back to plain black coffee. That switch engendered a 3k diminution in weekly calories, to boot.

At one time (late '90s) I was drinking up 2.5 12 cup pots of high test a day. I kicked it cold turkey, and was a complete zombie for three days! No headache, but I just laid around and didn't do much. It's under control now; I only drink 2 or 3 cups a day.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I used to drink Navy coffee, a subspecies of the stuff you civies get. You start with a mess cook (a non-cook who's a mess). He doesn't want to be there and he's not old enough to drink coffee, so he has no idea how it supposed to come out. He put four times as much grounds as is safe even in a free fire zone with hostiles having the best seats in the house. Boil that for a few days. When you need to stay awake you go by the five gallon perculators and cut off a chunk. (Carbide tipped knives are needed here.) You chew on that for the duration of your midnight to 6 am watch. Then you spit it out.

Be advised that current EPA regulations do not allow you to spit it overboard. Too many chunks have crawled up on shore and killed small animals.
Back in the 80s (before 12 Steppers for me) I was (ab)using caffeine in the form of 357 mg tablets. It's illegal to make tablets with that dose now, but not then.

And I'd take them with ephedra . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 7, 2017 at 6:06 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: [Image: 81a6Apr3WlL._SY679_.jpg]

Same, i take caffeine in supplements. Not all the time as i don't want my body to get too use to it. Mainly to get through rigorous training with very little sleep. I don't get much sleep.
Just like chilli or curry, I like the flavour of caffeine without it being so strong that your eyeballs fall out.
I've tried many types of coffee, including the coffee or kopi in Sumatra that's been through the digestive tract of a civet.
I wasn't planning on drinking it, but I didn't want to appear rude to the poor farmer.
The only reason I went in there was to see a Rafflesia flower.
Anyway, so far the best coffee I've ever tried has been from East Timor.
When I can't get that, I always go for Papua New Guinea coffee.