Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain killers
Pain killers
Jog my memory here.

Seems like during last couple of years someone mentioned a combination of over the counter pain meds that was extremely effective and non narcotic.

I now have a considerable interest in such things, LOL, and wondered if anyone remembered the thread where it was mentioned or even better, what the combination was??

Appreciate the help here. Recent surgery and my 12 Stepper past have inspired some concern about the right meds for me.

Shy
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Pain killers
Well, pain is just something to work out. Dunno man, narcotics and alcohol have many chemical similarities, so if you find an alternative the better, but this escapes my expertise. Perhaps joining the lemon party? Big Grin
I usually stick with Motrin. Depending on my pain I'll take anywhere from 200 - 800 mg at a time.
Don't remember the thread. 

Depends on the type of pain, i.e. neurologic vs musculoskeletal vs cutaneous, inflammatory vs noninflammatory?

Are you thinking of the addition of caffeine to potentiate the effects of aspirin, acetaminophen and NSAIDS?

Or possibly a discussion about kratom?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Taking the max dose of acetaminophen and ibuprofen at the same time got me through the last two surgeries without narcotics.
Synergistic effects of some non-narcotic pain medications. GS took one of those combinations-

http://repositorio.uchile.cl/bitstream/h...sequence=1
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Ok, that's helpful and has some good information.

One of my concerns now, but won't be at some point, is the anticoagulation effects of aspirin and some of the others. I get post-op + however many days the dr wants and then that would be a possible palliative.

Before surgery they get hissy about aspirin, and for me, aspirin really works well, I tolerate it VERY well (thanks to the folks who make Prilosec) and it's really safe from the 12 Stepper angle. But bleeding out during surgery is kinda a drawback.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I take Plavix for TIAs, so they don't sweat the aspirins with me.
(November 11, 2017 at 8:27 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Jog my memory here.

Seems like during last couple of years someone mentioned a combination of over the counter pain meds that was extremely effective and non narcotic.

I now have a considerable interest in such things, LOL, and wondered if anyone remembered the thread where it was mentioned or even better, what the combination was??

Appreciate the help here.  Recent surgery and my 12 Stepper past have inspired some concern about the right meds for me.

Shy

Acetaminophen and either naproxen or ibuprofen. Stagger the dosing so you don't take so many pills at once. I use prescription-strength dosing, but do not exceed the daily maximum, unless you hate your liver and want a new one.
I'm staggering Tylenol and Norco (which contains Tylenol) now.

Even splitting Norco and Tylenol tabs in half and staggering them to keep % in blood stream constant.

Don't want to get cocky about this but was offered codeine and turned it down. I did abuse codeine back in my using days and really don't want it around now.

Even stole some once . . .

Not proud of that . . .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do fish feel pain? FlatAssembler 49 1684 April 11, 2024 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Goddamned Lower back pain ErGingerbreadMandude 25 3517 February 6, 2017 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The evolution of pain. ignoramus 45 3853 July 11, 2016 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Complidudaaldo
  Cuddly killers, how house cats are an enviormental threat. Something completely different 15 5480 February 9, 2013 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cannabis can make patients 'less bothered by pain' 5thHorseman 19 5090 January 9, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: paulpablo