Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairness Demands
Fairness Demands
Acknowledging when the republicunts do the right thing.

You'll rarely hear me say that Mitch McConnell is right but today he nailed it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

Quote:The fusillade from Senate Republicans started Monday morning in Louisville, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) called on Moore to step aside.
“I believe the women, yes,” he said of the allegations leveled against Moore.

Later, National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) issued a written statement going even further. “If he refuses to withdraw and wins, the Senate should vote to expel him,” Gardner said. He later told reporters Moore “doesn’t belong in the United States Senate.”

Score one for the turtle.
RE: Fairness Demands
Turtle ?

How about Mason Verger ??

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

As usual the Repubs are all talk and no action. If they were serious they would start work on expelling Moore at 9 A.M. this Tuesday morning. The rules require 67 votes to expel so they need to line them up right now.
(November 14, 2017 at 4:50 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: As usual the Repubs are all talk and no action.  If they were serious they would start work on expelling Moore at  9 A.M. this Tuesday morning.  The rules require 67 votes to expel so they need to line them up right now.

Ok, I'm not an authority on the procedural rules of the US Senate, but I'm pretty sure they can't expel someone from the Senate who isn't a senator. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 14, 2017 at 6:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 14, 2017 at 4:50 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: As usual the Repubs are all talk and no action.  If they were serious they would start work on expelling Moore at  9 A.M. this Tuesday morning.  The rules require 67 votes to expel so they need to line them up right now.

Ok, I'm not an authority on the procedural rules of the US Senate, but I'm pretty sure they can't expel someone from the Senate who isn't a senator. 

Boru

Indeed.

Kind of a Trumpy way of looking at senatorial power, ain't it ??

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

So is grabbing them by the pussy!
Senators ?

They're all pussies.
(November 14, 2017 at 6:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

You are right.  However, since the expectation is that the pervert will win the Senate nabobs need to get their ducks in a row so that they can deny Moore entry when he shows up.  Therefore they need to round up the necessary votes now instead of sitting on their butts and then acting surprised when he shows up.  Some Senators are on record that they want to expel him if he wins but it's not enough to actually do it under the rules.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WSJ Demands GOP Leadership Strip the WLB of Tarriff Powers Minimalist 6 649 June 9, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist