Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Stir the Pot A Bit
Let's Stir the Pot A Bit
Nice recap - even though jesus freaks won't want to hear it!

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/the-evi...you-think/

Quote:The evidence about Jesus is weaker than you think

Quote:In the two centuries that have passed since Jefferson began clipping, scores of biblical historians—including modern scholars armed with the tools of archeology, anthropology and linguistics—have tried repeatedly to identify “the historical Jesus” and have failed. The more scholars study the roots of Christianity, the more confused and uncertain our knowledge becomes. Currently, we have a plethora of contradictory versions of Jesus—an itinerant preacher, a zealot, an apocalyptic prophet, an Essene heretic, a Roman sympathizer, and many more —each with a different scholar to confidently tout theirs as the only real one. Instead of a convergent view of early Christianity and its founder, we are faced instead with a cacophony of conflicting opinions. This is precisely what happens when people faced with ambiguous and contradictory information cannot bring themselves to say, we don’t know.
RE: Let's Stir the Pot A Bit
[Image: ba18d313be5bbf40c25918736713eddc.jpg]
God is an emotional argument - "I feel so uniquely good when I serve God. He must exist".
(November 26, 2017 at 12:12 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: [Image: ba18d313be5bbf40c25918736713eddc.jpg]
God is an emotional argument - "I feel so uniquely good when I serve God. He must exist".

Yes, the unanswerable argument from tantrum.
whoa, hold the bus....are you telling me it might be man made fiction?

Horus is most upset I bet
I mean Joshua
I mean Jesus

Ahhh men
You mean.... Ramen.

[Image: FSM-rAmen-shadow_1.svg]
(November 26, 2017 at 12:12 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: [Image: ba18d313be5bbf40c25918736713eddc.jpg]

They misspelled cums.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
aaaaaaahhhhh ramen

every week I eat those bloody noodles but at just 10cent a packet my inner scotsman cant resist

might be them & not dodgy meat that makes my belly moan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii - A Little Bit Later Than Thought Minimalist 0 229 October 16, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Let's Piss Off Some Fundies. Minimalist 8 1719 August 31, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Oh, FFS, Let's Get Serious Here Minimalist 7 1524 August 8, 2017 at 1:33 am
  A Certain Bit Of Irony Here. Minimalist 0 594 May 24, 2016 at 3:37 pm
  Aw, Fuck...Let's Have Some Fun! Minimalist 6 1487 December 29, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Forgetting Jesus Freak Bullshit, Let's Stick To History: Minimalist 38 7778 October 20, 2015 at 1:30 pm