Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess the Roman Numerals
Guess the Roman Numerals
I'll start. I post a number in Roman Numerals, you guess it. Or translate modern numbers to Roman numerals.  THEN in the next post you post a number and the next person guess it.

Ok, here goes

The original Hawaii Five O started in the year "MCMLXVI" 

Or ABBA's first album was made in 1974 (then translate to Roman numerals, either way).

The Counsel of Nicea happened in what year "IN ROMAN NUMERALS".
RE: Guess the Roman Numerals
I dunno. I like the "V" women carry around, though. Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 26, 2017 at 9:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I'll start. I post a number in Roman Numerals, you guess it. Or translate modern numbers to Roman numerals.  THEN in the next post you post a number and the next person guess it.

Ok, here goes

The original Hawaii Five O started in the year "MCMLXVI" 

Or ABBA's first album was made in 1974 (then translate to Roman numerals, either way).

The Counsel of Nicea happened in what year "IN ROMAN NUMERALS".

I thought it was in the year MCMLXVIll?
ABBA = MCMLXXIV

Btw.. i like Hawaii Five 0
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
Why would anyone need to 'guess' Roman numerals?  If you don't already know how to read them, you can learn to do so in about 30 seconds.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 27, 2017 at 5:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Why would anyone need to 'guess' Roman numerals?  If you don't already know how to read them, you can learn to do so in about 30 seconds.

Boru

Will you stop being a killjoy.

1 through 10 are easy, but it gets harder to me when you get in the thousands.
It also gets super awkward when you want to describe non integers.... or negative numbers... Tongue

First council of Nicaea: CCCXXV
From the wiki
"Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the divine nature of God the Son and his relationship to God the Father, the construction of the first part of the Nicene Creed, establishing uniform observance of the date of Easter, and promulgation of early canon law."
It only took them 300 years to come to terms with this... as if it hadn't been properly shown and conveyed by the J.C. man himself.
(November 27, 2017 at 9:14 am)pocaracas Wrote: It also gets super awkward when you want to describe non integers.... or negative numbers... Tongue

First council of Nicaea: CCCXXV
From the wiki
"Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the divine nature of God the Son and his relationship to God the Father, the construction of the first part of the Nicene Creed, establishing uniform observance of the date of Easter, and promulgation of early canon law."
It only took them 300 years to come to terms with this... as if it hadn't been properly shown and conveyed by the J.C. man himself.

“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
What year did the Redskins WIN their last Superbowl? NOT the number of the game, but the YEAR.

What year did "Return Of The Jedi" come out?

What year was Albert Einstein born?
(November 27, 2017 at 9:33 am)Brian37 Wrote: What year did the Redskins WIN their last Superbowl? NOT the number of the game, but the YEAR.

What year did "Return Of The Jedi" come out?

What year was Albert Einstein born?

ok Super Bowl... i think the last ...it was in 1991- MCMXCI or 1992- MCMXCII.... sorry i'm not a fan of american football i prefer european football ;P
Return Of The Jedi in 1983- MCMLXXXIII
and Albert in 1879 - MDCCCLXXIX
Lovely.  A game where no one could possibly get any of the answers wrong, except deliberately.

Boru

(November 27, 2017 at 8:57 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 27, 2017 at 5:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Why would anyone need to 'guess' Roman numerals?  If you don't already know how to read them, you can learn to do so in about 30 seconds.

Boru

Will you stop being a killjoy.

There has to be 'joy' in the first place in order for me to kill it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guess who is the would be nerd here? Brian37 37 3304 November 9, 2019 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Guess her real name. Brian37 12 1064 January 31, 2019 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: brewer